1930's detached bay-fronted house kit

Hello everyone, I'm modelling a very local layout. So local that it needs to include my own house! 

I live in a detached 1930's bay-fronted house, you know the type? If not, take a look at the link below:

https://www.Bachmann.co.uk/product/1930s-semi-detached-houses/42-134

The problem is that I can't find the correct kit - it needs to be detached, full relief and OO scale. 

Can anybody point me toward an appropriate kit?

Thank you in advance

Richard

Thanks both- I think I'm on a losing streak wanting a detached house, as most of the housing stock is either semi or terraced, hence that's what tends to be modelled. 

Before this weekend I had never actully modified a kit, but as of yesterday, I have!!! In the garden of our house we have a grounded clerestory carriage, which is where I'm building my layout and as a part of the layout I'm modelling our house with the carriage in the garden. The carriage I've selected is the Ratio kit, but it's much too long. Or it was... Probably a piece of cake for most people, but a challenge for a newbie like me, but I'm pretty pleased with the results and, buoyed by my apparent success, I've just ordered the Kingsway kit and I'll have a go at bashing that into shape.

If I can work out how, I'll pop some pics of the carriage up here (but I'll save this reply first)

• Like 1

Ooh, I think I've done it (not bad for an IT consultant with 40 years experience!) 

So, the first couple of pics are of the carriage itself:

7FDDADE2-0B06-492E-B0B7-EF4816B27639_1_105_c.jpeg.ad22764f5849a68eaaa0d146b8d6d5da.jpeg

09B2EB17-6B98-4C48-B91B-351409B3C627_1_105_c.jpeg.9951f9a546eb7b47191b41cec678539a.jpeg

And this is the same thing, in 1/76 format!

44192E62-3743-4804-A292-2070B01F9BC6_1_105_c.jpeg.cbb1f52ca818655cf46ac30143cc06f2.jpeg

I'm pretty pleased with it, overall!

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold
On 03/04/2023 at 11:04, DickBrowne said:

In the garden of our house we have a grounded clerestory carriage, which is where I'm building my layout and as a part of the layout I'm modelling our house with the carriage in the garden.

Living the dream right there... or my dream, at least.

Congrats on your first kitbash, looks good to me. I'm interested to see how the house turns out.

• Agree 1

• 7 months later...

@DickBrowne, did you have any luck with sourcing a detached house? I'm going to be creating a Feakes & Richards semi soon as I grew up in one. They look pretty similar to the linked model above. We've not lived in this one shown since the early 90's and it's changed hugely but I can remember the original house quite well, even before my Dad put the extension on the side.

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 20.14.37.png

Funny.  I immediately thought of the old Airfix kit too, but no bay windows.

I do need something similar myself to represent the rear of a row of houses backing onto an NCB minerla railway.

I assume something could be made ofd the Dapol nee Airfix kits