New build exhibition layout 00 gauge (modern era)

saxokid

That's a clever way of doing wild flowers and not one I would have thought of! The 08s look great, I particularly like the first one with the faded paint on the hood and rods. The burnt out brake van is a neat little oddity (February 25th post), was it built using a modified kit or altered from a ready to run example?  Looking forward to seeing more and great to know you are sharing your skills with the newer members of your group.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 22/03/2024 at 05:38, Mr. Tree Man said:

That's a clever way of doing wild flowers and not one I would have thought of! The 08s look great, I particularly like the first one with the faded paint on the hood and rods. The burnt out brake van is a neat little oddity (February 25th post), was it built using a modified kit or altered from a ready to run example?  Looking forward to seeing more and great to know you are sharing your skills with the newer members of your group.

Hi tree man,

burnt out brake van was made from few surplus older Hornby ones we had at club house,so we had sitting down modelling evening with group beginners all making one of these by cutting up and gluing into place.

learning basic airbrush weathering🔧🔧

While some of group were learning basic soldering skills this week,or dcc decoder fitting🔧🔧

i had large logo running session in freight yard👌👌

IMG_4310.jpeg

IMG_4313.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Module00 said:

hello, 
Banks Road modern images on YouTube is your channel’ ?

it’s seems there is the same layout. 😃

Yes im using my banks road youtube channel to show off this no name layout build im working on with group new beginners to hobby 

• Like 1

Few new guys been busy weathering and rusting rails throughout freight yard..

next wil be adding oil/diesel spills were locos park up..

IMG_5255.jpeg

IMG_5254.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Had lots of kind pm”s asking about the scratch build towers,and more pictures of them throughout this new layout build at Merseyside model railway society..

IMG_2400.jpeg

• Like 2

Few little rusty wagons on workbench during weekend,hopefuly will have sit down session with group of beginners this week let them have ago of basic weathering ..

IMG_6362.jpeg

IMG_6365.jpeg

IMG_6036.jpeg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 22/03/2024 at 04:12, saxokid said:

Some of new beginners in our group been learning basic dry brush on weathering of trackside ballast and rusty rails too..

using this range colours..

IMG_6035.jpeg

I’ve been meaning to ask where you get your paint from?  Kit Stop in Birkenhead don’t sell a lot of Model Railway stuff but the guy does seem to know paint whenever I’ve been in for some bits.  Just wondered: my buildings are only lightly weathered, but I could do with a bigger selection of weathering colours to use.  Thanks, Keith.

• Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

I’ve been meaning to ask where you get your paint from?  Kit Stop in Birkenhead don’t sell a lot of Model Railway stuff but the guy does seem to know paint whenever I’ve been in for some bits.  Just wondered: my buildings are only lightly weathered, but I could do with a bigger selection of weathering colours to use.  Thanks, Keith.

I buy all my acrylic weathering paints from Wargames model shop in Brimstage..

• Thanks 1