Project Builds, Detailing, Painting, Weathering

The Bognor Regis Club American Layout BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAIN

RonnieS

• 1 month later...

Almost 2 months on from the last post and nothing to show!

Well lots of work has been done BUT nowt worth a photograph. Clive has done tons of scenic work  but it's all white at the moment so an illustration of a ghost in a snowstorm would have more detail. The panel for the left hand side has been fitted but the top at the moment is plain. Ditto comment.

The work on the 3rd panel (the DCC to DC > all singing, all dancing magic box) has come to a grinding halt  because of a nasty paint reaction! I have to leave it a further week, rub it down, spray it with Barcoat isolator and start again.

Bah Humbug

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/12/2023 at 15:57, RonnieS said:

Almost 2 months on from the last post and nothing to show!

Well lots of work has been done BUT nowt worth a photograph. Clive has done tons of scenic work  but it's all white at the moment so an illustration of a ghost in a snowstorm would have more detail. The panel for the left hand side has been fitted but the top at the moment is plain. Ditto comment.

The work on the 3rd panel (the DCC to DC > all singing, all dancing magic box) has come to a grinding halt  because of a nasty paint reaction! I have to leave it a further week, rub it down, spray it with Barcoat isolator and start again.

Bah Humbug

Finally!

Box.JPG

BOX 2.JPG

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, RonnieS said:

Just in case anyone was wondering about the name (and nobody was!)

image.png.fcfa32c7ff37fb52c266a9522beda4f2.png

Ah, now I see it!  Thank you.  I’ve seen a couple of videos of the Club Exhibition: looked to be a good range of layouts, and a week attended show (visitors from across the age ranges, always nice to see).  Well done to all, Keith.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Well! It's all coming together (a bit like a jigsaw puzzle) slowly. The DCC/DC panel is working great. A flick of a switch and it's either Z21 or a choice of 2 MODELEX hand held controllers. The latter are the absolute bees knees in DC control. Achievement due to all the gang working together . Teamwork makes the dream work!

A1.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...