Digikeijs Bankrupt

Hi to all

Yesterday I learned the condition about Digikeijs bankruptcy. I bought DR5000  before but I did not open the box. I know it is my mistake. Can you help me to reach the latest firmware and manuals. As far as I know I can learn the various information from forums and youtube but I do not know how to download the latest firmware (1.6.3) and the manuals because support page is not working. Thank you for all your support. 

Sincerely 

You are best to stick with v1.5.5 of the firmware, not use the updates provided by DK. I would also buy a Yamorc YD9401 as this will fix some of the biggest hardware problems with the DR5000 and provide you with supported firmware.

These products are from the original designer of the DR5000

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've got most of the updates from 1.1.1 to 1.6.3

I could attach it to an ordinary e-mail if you want.

I think I updated as far 1.6.1

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, hksuher said:

Thank you very much for the quick reply. My e-mail is xxxxxxxxxxxxx.  According to your advice 1.5.5 is the ideal one. Melmerby if you can send them I will be very happy

You should not put your e-mail on an open forum, I would delete it.

Edited by melmerby

1 hour ago, WIMorrison said:

You are best to stick with v1.5.5 of the firmware, not use the updates provided by DK. I would also buy a Yamorc YD9401 as this will fix some of the biggest hardware problems with the DR5000 and provide you with supported firmware.

These products are from the original designer of the DR5000

I would concur with this.  

I have upgraded my Digikeijs DR5000 using the Yamorc YD9401.  It is straightforward. I have also purchased both the Yamorc Switch and Solenoid devices and am pleased with both.  Recommended.  

regards

• Like 1

I figured out to download manuals and firmware from the inaccessible Digikeijs support page. As an example I will tell with DR5000. I am using Google Chrome. First search for 

"DR5000 - Manuals & Downloads" . Search will find the original pages for Digikeijs. If you try to go with it, as you you know, the page is  not working. So instead you will press the "3 points" in the end of the search line. Then a new page will pop-up, at the bottom of this page, there is button called "cached". Press this one, that is all, you will reach the latest cached page. I hope this help, sorry for my English 

Edited by hksuher
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, philip-griffiths said:

I would concur with this.  

I have upgraded my Digikeijs DR5000 using the Yamorc YD9401.  It is straightforward. I have also purchased both the Yamorc Switch and Solenoid devices and am pleased with both.  Recommended.  

regards

Yesterday I watched some videos about that when you upgrade DR5000 with YD9401 Yamorc is even  sending a stciker and your Digikeijs DR5000 becomes Yamorc 7100, it is very strange :-)

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2023 at 09:28, hksuher said:

Yesterday I watched some videos about that when you upgrade DR5000 with YD9401 Yamorc is even  sending a stciker and your Digikeijs DR5000 becomes Yamorc 7100, it is very strange :-)

Not if you know the history of Digikeijs and who developed and holds the rights to its products, which are summarised on the YaMoRC website FAQs http://yamorc.de/faqs/ if you look up "Who is Karst Drenth".

Normally manufacturers make sure that they hold the IP rights to their products and jealously guard those rights to protect their investment in the products and to prevent others from benefiting from them at no cost. There are at least 2 precedents that I know of, both concerning ESU.

ESU developed the original Maerklin Central Station (CS1) in conjunction with Maerklin. Maerklin subsequently brought out their successor to the CS1, the CS2 and later again the CS3, without assistance from ESU.

ESU sold an upgrade kit for the CS1 which they called the CS1 Reloaded to convert CS1s on firmware 2.0.4 to be the equivalent of their own ECoS 1 (the ECoS was a developed from the work that EU did on the CS1). ESU have continued to release firmware upgrades for the CS1 Reloaded alongside the firmware upgrades for their ECoS 1, 2 and 2.1.

Something similar has happened with the original Piko SmartControl, also developed by ESU. Piko no longer support their original SmartControl, and about 12 months ago ESU started offering a chargeable upgrade service to convert the original PikoSmartControl handset and SmartBox base unit into an ESU CabControl system and thereby become eligible for all future updates to the CabControl firmware.

Of course, the other well known example is the personal computer operating system that Microsoft designed for IBM, that let Microsoft sell it on to the PC clone makers as MS-DOS once the clone makers worked out how to get round IBM's hardware patents. The rest, as they say, is history. And there is a story behind how IBM ended up approaching Microsoft for an OS in the first place.

Edited by GoingUnderground

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, GoingUnderground said:

Of course, the other well known example is the personal computer operating system that Microsoft designed for IBM,

Another instance of rights, is Vax vacuum cleaners.

They contracted a person to design a domestic bagless vacuum cleaner, for which that person was paid and Vax were to have the rights to it.

That certain person then decided to go their own way and market the vacuum themselves.

They then sued Vax for copying their design and lost.

Later they sued Vax again and lost again.

Who was that person? - James Dyson. Don't believe all the hype about his "inventions"

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Sounds like I was "lucky" when I sent in my DR5000 for warranty repair in October (a month before the warranty expired) and got it back not long after. It still doesn't work completely right so I'll have to wait for the YD9401 to be back in stock somewhere. In hindsight I'd have been better off forking out for a second hand Z21.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Today was a scare for some reason my windows PC had lost the dr5000 software, then searching i found there was no where to get the software.  As a last resort I checked the apps on my PC and was able to repair the software and all is working.  But I have another dr5000 I was going to use on my display layout with the laptop but now there is no software.

Does this mean I am going to have to look for a new system.

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, WIMorrison said:

The software is easily available on the web, I would advise that you look for v1.5.5 rather than the later v1.6.x digikeijs versions

I spent an hour looking today so I am not sure easily available is that accurate, you don't have any links by any chance.

I was lucky that a repair sorted it on my main PC.

regards

Doug

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Dougjuk said:

I spent an hour looking today so I am not sure easily available is that accurate, you don't have any links by any chance.

I was lucky that a repair sorted it on my main PC.

regards

Doug

PM sent

Keith

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dougjuk said:

I couldn't open it on the laptop for some reason but this desktop does open it.

I've got a few more DR5000 firmware going back to 1.2.1, which was the first update for the DR5000 I bought.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 24/04/2023 at 08:59, Bucoops said:

Roll on a few years and a "keen" new storesman came along. Who decided to streamline things (know where this is going yet?) and did an analysis of stock and decided that there was too much money sitting stale in some chips compared to the usage rate and sold them.

2 days later he was gone and the company had to go round buying as many as they could at a much higher rate 

There are government departments that do that all the time to save money 'in year' only to have to expend far more downstream.  One manufacturer I dealt with bought all the 'excess' stock being sold off and sold it back at a far higher price a year or so later.  The problem is not storemen in the government's case, its the treasury and accountants who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.  Just look at HS2, same problem.

Edited by NFWEM57
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, DaveArkley said:

Can I request a copy please, and the 1.5.5 manual if you have it. If so I'll PM you my email address

Cherrs

Dave

I had put all the Digikeijs stuff on a disk on this PC and that disk promptly failed! So not now on this PC, I might have them elsewhere.

However they are on the link  Doug posted:

https://archive.traintastic.org/digikeijs/?fbclid=IwAR0qMHRQ6AkavX5WLnjJH53N1MpKnRS1-Bv5jl8wElV9phwprUVZLoGnHJc

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 12/05/2023 at 19:12, hksuher said:

Yesterday I learned the condition about Digikeijs bankruptcy.

Great pity as I had just started buying up Digikeijs DR4018 16-channel switch decoders for £40 a go to go with the MP1s I have started to use.  Looks like I will have to use an YaMoRC Y8116 at  £62.50, But, it looks to be way more versatile and easier to set up. 

Patrick

• Funny 1