HOW TO IDENTIFY SOUND PROJECT CREATOR

s182ggu

Hi.

Just taken delivery of a sound fitted Class 37 and was wondering how to identify the sound file so that I can hopefully acquire a Function List!

JMRI tells me that the decoder is an ESU SELECT (LSS printed on the decoder) but my knowledge and experience of JMRI prevents me from getting any further! (The vendor thinks the sound file supplier MAY be South West Digital.)

Any thoughts / assistance would be gratefully appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by s182ggu

You can't, except by asking each creator whether the serial number of decoder you have matches something they issued (assuming they keep a record which is searchable).  Even that's incomplete because someone could re-blow that decoder. 

JMRI's function map (if you let it take the time to read the entire decoder) will tell you which sound slots are played by which key.  From that you can start to piece together what things are what.  

Thanks Nigel.

I guessed this might be the case! I've managed to get a reasonable stab at the function list and will stick with his for the moment.

If I'm right and it is a SELECT, the re-blow suggestion is not an option, is it?

Thanks

12 hours ago, s182ggu said:

Thanks Nigel.

I guessed this might be the case! I've managed to get a reasonable stab at the function list and will stick with his for the moment.

If I'm right and it is a SELECT, the re-blow suggestion is not an option, is it?

Thanks

It's possible but only with another Select sound project.

Paul 

• 2 weeks later...