Bachmann 108 Single Decoder Lighting Issue

I have installed a decoder into a Bachmann class 108 and all is well with the running. The brake vehicle has directional lighting working as expected. But the non brake vehicle has both red and white lights illuminated regardless of direction of travel.

In order to improve the running and not need a second decoder for the non brake vehicle, I have through wired them. However even when through wired the red and white lights are still illuminated at the same time in the non brake vehicle. The lights in the brake vehicle work fine with the change in direction.

My question is whether the dcc blanking plate in the non brake vehicle is causing the red and white lights to be on all the time? I don't remember this being the case in dc mode.

Any ideas?

Remove the blanking plate!!!

It is basically connecting track power direct to the lighting circuit. Hopefully you've not blown the relevant decoder function outputs.

If you still have issues then we'd need to know the decoder model to provide any more advice.

Regards,

John P

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I would say the issue is that on DCC you have AC power and the leds are in fact flashing alternatively but so fast you cannot see it with the naked eye.

on DC everything works normal as there is a diode circuit to only show the red or white light as required.