We dont need rails .

• RMweb Gold

0:48 - That's what happens when you run your model trains on the carpet........

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Fascinating stuff. The map says "P.G. Semboro" which Google identifies as a "sugar factory" in East Java.

PG SEMBORO
https://maps.app.goo.gl/b1ZxnMH9hMjM4rgCA

Edit: "Semboro sugar mill in Jember, East Java, has the second largest field lines network that still remains in operation in Indonesia (after the neighboring Jatiroto sugar mill)."

Edited by Mikkel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The locomotive (which seems to be the same word in Javanese) makes wonderful progress until it reaches the heaps of straw, then the wheels slip.  Wrong sort of straw, I guess.  The level road crossing is something to see... Thanks for posting, as Mikkel says, fascinating stuff.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, kitpw said:

The level road crossing is something to see...

Yes, that put a smile on my face (begins at 11:24). I didn't think such things were possible!

• Agree 1

Used to see pretty much the same on peat railways in Ireland, where sections might not be used for months on end. The wind blows peat dust over the track, then stuff grows surprisingly fast. Same issues with people using the tracks as motorbike routes too.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

You should check out some of his other video's, the flat crossings, the road/rail interchange, the workshop built over the line, running in front "gardens", the re-railing, the digging out of the points, the ploughing through spoil deposited on the rails, etc, etc! Fascinating stuff... 

• Agree 1