Scalescenes R023a Diesel Depot

I am normally a bit fan of this brand of kits, and have successfully built a good few models.  Unfortunately the R023a Diesel Depot is giving me a real headache.  All was going together until I went to fit the roof - it is too short. By my calculations it need to he 193mm long, but as printed, it is 182mm long, similarly the gutters are also short by the same amount.  Oddly, the roof ridge cap strip is closer to the right length and is on the same sheets as the gutters, so it is not a printing issue.

16837497525894243098166009645798.jpg.ca0af184971d340ea87e4258c4cd53db.jpg

I am going to try improvising to get a fit, has anyone else had these issues with this kit?

Cheers

Jim

• RMweb Gold

I see you have “halved” the kit with it being designed for four windows long. I had that exact same issue when I halfed a different engine shed.

The issue comes from the fact that the four window version is not double the length of the half window version because of the ways the ends are built up.

You will see you are short by half of a buttress. If you had the full four windows the other roof section would overlap the left hand buttress in what would then be the centre of the shed. 

I hope that makes sense?

Roy

• 3 months later...

Here’s a suggestion -

Print two more roof sections out again, then piece them together over the central pier of your two window version of the shed (as would have happened with the four window version)

Has to be better than adding a little strip to one end?

Steve S