Some SNCF archive images...

Gordonwis

I have spent quite a lot of the last 2 years 'managing' the archiving etc of images following the death of my father and uncles all since 2019, and mixed up in that is sorting my own stuff .

In the process I have scanned quite a bit of rather nice old stuff.

Here's a starter for 10.

Limoges - Angouleme evening peak Autorail departing from Aixe sur Vienne. July 1980 (my photo)

Aixe F80-1-30.jpg

Narbonne - Perpignan local, Narbonne, September 1987 (my photo)

Varburne 09_87.jpg

Redon, August 1980

Redon8_80.jpg.b496803b148e54753cf3f0defbb54115.jpg

Edited by Gordonwis
  • Like 19

72068 awaiting departure to Laon at Paris Nord - 1991 (my photo)

SNCF 72068 1991.jpg

2 x 141R storming up the steep Vulbens bank from Fort l'Ecluse towards Annemasse. 2 January 1970. Photo by my late Uncle Jeremy Wiseman (I was in the vicinity aged 10 with a useless small plastic camera...)

Chevries 2412218 2_1_70.jpg

CC7137 stabled at Bellegarde (Ain), 1988 (my photo) 

CC7137 REPOS A BELLGARDE EN 1988.jpg

Edited by Gordonwis
  • Like 16

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 17/05/2023 at 23:50, Gordonwis said:

72068 awaiting departure to Laon at Paris Nord - 1991 (my photo)

SNCF 72068 1991.jpg

Which orange Eurofima coaches would that rake have been? I don't think SNCF had any orange ones and anyway they look more like UIC-Z than Y - and are definitely not X. So much more interesting long distance services in those days rather than the 'bore you to death' TGV type trains now in use.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

7 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Which orange Eurofima coaches would that rake have been? I don't think SNCF had any orange ones and anyway they look more like UIC-Z than Y - and are definitely not X. So much more interesting long distance services in those days rather than the 'bore you to death' TGV type trains now in use.

SNCF's batch of Eurofima coaches were orange initially - as were all the others (Belgian, Italian, Swiss) but SNCF repainted them into Corail colours.  It's presumably a through train to Germany or Belgium

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/06/2023 at 23:13, Gordonwis said:

SNCF's batch of Eurofima coaches were orange initially - as were all the others (Belgian, Italian, Swiss) but SNCF repainted them into Corail colours.  It's presumably a through train to Germany or Belgium

It is almost certainly a Paris-Bruxelles (Amsterdam) working, These incorporated SNCB Eurofimas in orange C1 livery, and a selection of SNCF Eurofima  and Corail Vu and Vtu coaches also in C1 Livery.  I have a photo somewhere taken in Amsterdam when I saw the Vu/Vtu stock in orange for the first time, and in a wholly orange set. The SNCF Eurofima A9 fleet contained the first 8 coaches out of 100 in orange livery (900-907), and the following  Corail Vu/Vtu coaches also in C1:- 10 A4B6u Vu75 composite compartments (063-072); 11 B6Dd2 Vu75 Second class compartment baggage (not air-conditioned) (269-279), 35 B10tu Vtu75 second class open (291-325).  Usually the trains were hauled by SNCF CC40100. The SNCB Class 18 was generally diagrammed for the Paris-Köln and Oostende-Köln services. The Köln services from Paris generally did not contain orange coaches and in the late 1980s one of the Parsifal sets was wholly SNCF stock in Corail grey livery. Details sourced from the Le Train Corail archive Tome 2.

Edited by Mike Harvey
Added detail
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 1 month later...

Just in case you thought that a triple header on your SNCF model layout at an exhibition should be reserved for the 'silly season' 1 hour before the  show closes, here is a photo I took in 1992 showing that anything is possible...

Eastbound chemical tankers hauled by two 67400s plus one 67300, near Vierzon 

054.jpg

And a 72000 connecting with an X2400 at Guimgamp, September 1987

guingamp.jpg

Edited by Gordonwis
  • Like 12

A CC72000 hauling a Geneve - Valence train formed of a superb collection of pre-corail coaches in all over green; at Satigny (GE, CH) on 2 January 1982.

Front to rear, there are two A4Dd Rémétallisée  Sud-Est, two Bruhat, one B4Dd Rémétallisée Sud Est and one (looks like) B9 DEV 

W81_82 11.jpg

Edited by Gordonwis
  • Like 14