Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Pete Johnson

TRAILRAGE

Really sad news to hear of Peter's passing via the emgauge70s site, I met him a few times and never ceased to be amazed by Canada Road and Canada Street, a very sad loss to the modelling community. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators

So, so sorry to just read this. An exceptionally talented modeller and decent sort.

RIP Pete, thoughts are with family and friends.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

I only knew Peter through seeing him and his wonderful layouts at exhibitions. When ever I spoke to him he was always very courteous.

His modelling was outstanding. If I asked him how he made something his answer was always polite and simple. Not once did I hear him being boastful about his scratchbuilt locos but always thankful when I said how good I thought they were.

As others have said a great loss to the modelling community. I will miss chatting to Peter at exhibitions. My thoughts are with his family and friends. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to hear this news.   Canada Street along with Canada Road before it, are two of my all time favourite layouts.   Excellent modelling enhanced by the approachability and friendliness of Peter and his team at exhibitions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

So sad to hear this news. Seeing Canada Street in MRJ was one of the reasons I started my kit-built wagon fleet. I managed to see the layout in the flesh at last years Farnham exhibition, where I had a very friendly chat with Peter. I will miss Peter's updates on the EM Gauge 70's page, as they were always a source of inspiration. As others have already said, such a great loss to the modelling community, and my thoughts are with his family and friends. Rest in peace.

• Friendly/supportive 3

I count myself lucky to have known Peter through others in the Model Railway fraternity. A true gent 

Myself, Karl Crowther and Andy Ullyott spent an enjoyable Saturday evening at Expo EM this year socializing with him and his exhibiting team, where the conversation was dominated by talk of shunters and vacuum braked stock 

Thoughts are with his family at this difficult time 

• Friendly/supportive 4

I finally got to see Canada Street a few weeks ago having followed it online and wanting to see it in the flesh, and said as much to the member of the team I spoke to. As Peter was talking to someone else very nearby at the time, hopefully he heard.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Martyn

• RMweb Gold

Sad to read this - enjoyed seeing his superb layouts and always nice to chat with Peter at exhibitions.

Thoughts are with his family in these difficult times.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

It is so sad for anyone to be taken so suddenly and so young, my condolences to all his family and friends.

I don't recall if I spoke to Peter at ExpoEM last month or Farnham Exhibition last year - I did chat to a couple of the operators - but it has been an incredible privilege to have watch Canada Street on at least those two occasions; Peter's work and his inspiration to others will live on.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3