RMweb

GW station building interior decoration.

There is a book available from the Lightmoor press called "Great Western Railway Structure Colours". I haven't got it - and I don't know whether it includes internal schemes as well as external - hopefully other in RMweb will be able to advise

• Like 1

Painting guide here.

https://www.stationcolours.info/great-western-railway/

Interior walls of brick or stone buildings were plastered and painted with distemper, which was supplied in white, cream, brown, Ivy Green, Dark Green and Cambridge blue. One of the darker shades was used up to nano level, with a lighter shade above. 

Wooden buildings were painted internally in the same colors as were used on the outside. Interior walls of loco sheds, goods sheds, and sometimes wooden trainsheds were also painted white which should be clear from photographs. Kingswear train shed was an example of this, another station that was never repainted into BR colors.

Might also be worth Google Imaging the preserved stations. Some have been restored back to that era.

Jason

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Innerhome said:

There is a book available from the Lightmoor press called "Great Western Railway Structure Colours". I haven't got it - and I don't know whether it includes internal schemes as well as external - hopefully other in RMweb will be able to advise

"Great Western Railway Structure Colours 1912-1947 From Official Sources" by Richard North. Published by the Great Western Study Group, isbn 9780992675301.  Link here: http://gwsg.org.uk/GWSG_Publications.html

Yes, it includes some notes on internal colour schemes.