Metal and etched upgrades

• RMweb Gold

Need some advice on where to purchase 00 gauge upgrades such as buffers and etched parts for my future van and wagon kit builds.🙂

Edited by Kevin Johnson

• Sweet pea changed the title to Metal and etched upgrades
1 hour ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Need some advice on where to purchase 00 gauge upgrades such as buffers and etched parts for my future van and wagon kit builds.🙂

There's a good list:-

Wizard Models, 247 Developments, Nairnshire Modelling Supplies, Alan Gibson are ones that immediately leap to my mind. I'm sure that others will be along to add to these :)

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, MarkC said:

Wizard Models, 247 Developments, Nairnshire Modelling Supplies, Alan Gibson are ones that immediately leap to my mind. I'm sure that others will be along to add to these :)

Much appreciated @MarkC .👍

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, MarkC said:

Good list, I would add Slaters and Markits as well.

• Like 1

When I was doing 00, i liked the wagon detailing frets from Mainly Trains that I think originated with Riceworks.  When MT folded, I believe these frets went to Wizard Models.  I've been out of the 00 game for some years now so I'm not current.

John

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, brossard said:

When I was doing 00, i liked the wagon detailing frets from Mainly Trains that I think originated with Riceworks.  When MT folded, I believe these frets went to Wizard Models.  I've been out of the 00 game for some years now so I'm not current.

John

They did, and many have been reintroduced already.

• Informative/Useful 1

There are some useful bits in the MJT  range if you can track it down ( possiblywuth  Dart Castings now, I've lost track a bit.) 

Mostly I use Lanarkshire Model Supplies and H&A nowadays

Andy 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yes, MJT are with Dart Castings. I didn't know that the Mainly Trains range originated with Riceworks though.

@Kevin Johnson, you'll probably fin dthat the whole are of activity concerning the research of which parts you need, the online - or other - searching for the parts, ordering them and then receiving and opening them is another area of enjoyment on top of the actual build. 

It's a bit like collecting in itself, and collecting is thought by many to tap into our primitive hanter-gatherer instinct.

Which is what you can tell anyone who looks askance at buying and building kits - it's a genetic thing! 😄

• Like 1