New Bachmann 37423 sound question

GBTDAMAN

I have one of the new retooled Bachmann sound fitted locos, Class 37 423.  What is the sound that can be heard when stationary everytime you press the direction button?  I have a short 'shunting' layout so am changing direction a lot  and find this sound a little annoying.  Can it be switched off?  Thanks Kevin 

8 hours ago, GBTDAMAN said:

I have one of the new retooled Bachmann sound fitted locos, Class 37 423.  What is the sound that can be heard when stationary everytime you press the direction button?  I have a short 'shunting' layout so am changing direction a lot  and find this sound a little annoying.  Can it be switched off?  Thanks Kevin 

I have the latest Bachmann sound chipped 37 packed away in storage, so from memory, ( which is somtimes poor ) I think it's probably the AWS sound as the driver unlocks the  cab desk at the opposite end .

There might be a CV , the value of which  you might be able to adjust to eliminate the sound .

but I wouldnt know which one .

Some of the more knowledgeable on this forum might however .

Failing that , it might be worth giving Bachmann a ring .

HTH

Edited by Albie the plumber
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Albie the plumber said:

I have the latest Bachmann sound chipped 37 packed away in storage, so from memory, ( which is somtimes poor ) I think it's probably the AWS sound as the driver unlocks the  cab desk at the opposite end .

There might be a CV , the value of which  you might be able to adjust to eliminate the sound .

but I wouldnt know which one .

Some of the more knowledgeable on this forum might however .

Failing that , it might be worth giving Bachmann a ring .

HTH

If Albie is correct with the diagnosis, you should be able to use standard ZIMO CVs to either reduce volume level or remove the sound semi-permanently.

Read CVs 575 and 576 and note the existing values (so you can undo the change if needed, though a reset will achieve the same undo)

Then make:

CV575=0 Will remove direction change sound

Or

CV576=1 will reduce volume to lowest level. Note, not 0 as this will give full volume!

Paul 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1