Can anyone identify this Level Crossing in 1969 please? Probably in East Anglia

Rail-Online

Rather strangely, that HT line isn't shown on the 1979 OS 1:50,000 map that I have but is on the 1988 version!

If it's 1969, the only obvious and well known photographers active in this area at that time that i am aware of were John Baker, Dr Allen, and HN James. Not that many others actually bothered with diesels at that stage!

2 hours ago, Johann Marsbar said:

If it's 1969, the only obvious and well known photographers active in this area at that time that i am aware of were John Baker, Dr Allen, and HN James. Not that many others actually bothered with diesels at that stage!

This is one of his best ones, many others were slightly out of focus or blurred so it is not necessarily the work of a well known photographer.  All 35mm work and he took a few of the re-modelling of Haugley Junction from trackside so he may have been a BR man.

Tony

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Rail-Online said:

This is one of his best ones, many others were slightly out of focus or blurred so it is not necessarily the work of a well known photographer.  All 35mm work and he took a few of the re-modelling of Haugley Junction from trackside so he may have been a BR man.

Tony

The semaphores went from Haughley Jcn in May 1971 when the mechanical box was replaced by a panel in the station building so if there are any visible the date is before then.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 02/07/2023 at 20:40, roythebus1 said:

The consensus of opinion from the FB "BR Lost Boys 1968-1988" group say it's Baylham. These are the men who would have seen it an awful lot from the front of the train.

Thanks them for me please! 

Cheers Tony