Denby Road

georgeT

Hi, decided l wanted to build a small refuelling depot with a small shed for storing a few locos, also went for DCC, great fun with no dead sections to worry about, the fiddle yard is hidden behind the warehouse, with the refuelling bay at the front, storage for three locos, plus one on the fuelling bay, good fun playing with the 08 shunting fuel tanks in and out of the refuelling bay, l also have another layout MARLBURY which is SR(BR) in the steam days, cant make my mind up to go modern or stay with 60s steam ????

post-7716-127832850501_thumb.jpg

post-7716-127832854332_thumb.jpg

post-7716-127832857898_thumb.jpg

post-7716-127832861559_thumb.jpg

post-7716-127832864925_thumb.jpg

post-7716-127832868595_thumb.jpg

post-7716-127832871526_thumb.jpg

post-7716-127832874669_thumb.jpg

post-7716-127832883592_thumb.jpg

post-7716-127832889416_thumb.jpg

hi george and welcome, what a great little layout, cant beat a good micro layout.

first rate job with the building and ballasting to be proud of.

i was wondering about the storage yard at the rear f the building, does it slide into the other 2 lines or are they unfinished??

realy like this and look forward to more updates as you progress.

regards

neil

i did think thats what happens, fantastic space saving.

whats the overall size of the layout and whats the next stage your going to do.

so many questions due to my fascination with micro and space saving layouts, iv never worked above 4ft long ( dont think the missus would allow it, or until i get a garden big enough for a shed ) and the amount you have achieved and keeping it compact is impressive

regards

neil

hi, the layout is 6x1 all in one piece, l have a 9' x 9' room, as l said l have another layout which is 9'x 1'8" a southern terminus and is set up on tressles, problem is it takes a lot of room, what with my computer, office desk, guitars, amplifiers, etc theres not a lot of room and always looks cluttered, seriously thinking of scrapping Marlbury and get into micro layouts, as you can stand them in the corner, save a lot of grief from petticoat parliament, know what l mean ?

laugh.gif laugh.gif micro is the way forward, charlie street sits on a large dresser unit under the stairs and pilot road box file is stored on top of the wardrobe, god forbid what id try and cram in a 9' x 9' room, thinks thats why the better half dont want to move to a bigger house laugh.gif laugh.gif

whats the next stage on Denby Road???

regards

neil

• RMweb Gold

Good looking layout - plenty of interest there to keep you busy. The warehouse is going to be impressive.

I like the concept of small layouts myself - they don't take up too much space (until you get too many of them! - so tend to get sold on) and can be completed in a relatively short time span and keeps the interest going.

Hi George, must admit I miss the RES 47 and Distribution 37 and 47's It looks a great little layout and I has given me ideas for my next project. Small yards with either engineers yards or sidings give intrest and operation and DCC is the answer I have just gone back to it. Try to sell Marlbury on the web !!!! All the best Andy.

Archived