Blog view options have changed?

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy - if you are on holiday this can definitely wait!

There used to be two blog view options - tile view (or whatever they call it) and "List View". The latter seems to have disappeared recently? Would it be possible to bring it back without too much hassle? (just a tick mark maybe?). 

The List view had the advantage that it only showed the most recent entry from a blog. I expect it is also more appealing to the age-group who prefer a simple vertically ordered list. 

Edit: Hmm, Chrome showing tile view, Edge showing List View. Both on Win11 laptops. It's the ability to switch between them that's gone.

Chrome:

Udklip1.JPG.2111dfd97a8e016372eb6c765978b0c9.JPG

Edge:

Udklip2.JPG.3cbed91b48ab50404910f9e36b8a51b4.JPG

Edited by Mikkel
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

And a further small request: It also looks like the ability to backdate posts has disappeared. This was previously possible but you now get a message saying that values before the current date are not allowed.

Which means that whenever someone tries to re-instore lost photos or edit errors in an old post, the edited post will pop up in the feed as a new one.

If this is a setting that you can control, it would be good to have it reinstated.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

If I might add another example to @Mikkel’s - discussion with  @BWsTrains in my own thread on managing blogs (also in this sub-Forum) appears to show different “Privacy” options appearing for different blog users.  If there is an issue, it looks like this may well be part of the same thing.  As noted at the top of this thread - most certainly one that can wait till after holidays.  Hope that’s OK, Keith.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi @AY Mod, just bumping this query in case you missed it.  To recap: There used to be an option to switch between different views of the blog roll list. As it is, I have to use Edge to see one version and Chrome to see the other, which is a bit weird 🙂. If possible, would be great if the toggle switch to change viewing options could be reintroduced.

oliver-twist-0071.jpg.7be7cc80a312cb4d38ae418aa6f373f4.jpg

Edited by Mikkel
To clarify
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

If possible, would be great if the toggle switch to change viewing options could be reintroduced.

Still waiting for a reply from their developers I'm afraid.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for asking them Andy. I was hoping it was just a tick-box that needed changing somewhere, but sounds like it's beyond your control - so I'll stop going on about it 🙂 

• Agree 1