Replacing Bachmann Dynamis Pro

ThaneofFife

Dug out my handset to test a new dcc loco and couldnt get the handset to come on.   My fault as ive not used it for years and made the mistake of leaving the batteries in it so it was all corroded and furred up inside so Ive binned it.

The new loco has 31 functions so im now looking for a decent mid budget controller that can handle it and change CVs etc.

What do people recommend.

I will miss the Dynamis as the operation seemed easy.

• 3 months later...
On 06/08/2023 at 12:19, ThaneofFife said:

Dug out my handset to test a new dcc loco and couldnt get the handset to come on.   My fault as ive not used it for years and made the mistake of leaving the batteries in it so it was all corroded and furred up inside so Ive binned it.

The new loco has 31 functions so im now looking for a decent mid budget controller that can handle it and change CVs etc.

What do people recommend.

I will miss the Dynamis as the operation seemed easy.

Have Bachmann stopped selling Dynamis? 

1 hour ago, 89A said:

Have Bachmann stopped selling Dynamis? 

No, but it only works for functions up to 20 and even Bachmann's own sound fitted locos use functions up to 28 these days. The 'starter' E-Z command has been upgraded can now handle these but (although very easy to use) it is still limited to working a maximum of 10 locos and has limited programming capability.

3 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

DCC systems are very diverse...

So true, and a good dealer with a wide choice means you can get hands on with a good selection. What you want is the one that falls under your hand so naturally that you swiftly become unconciously competent with it. If you are anywhere near East Anglia, Coastal DCC is a goodun, what Kevin doesn't know probably isn't worth knowing. 

• Agree 1