BIGGEST SHOW IN THE BLACK COUNTRY -----10TH CRADLEY HEATH MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION

sixteen 12by 10s

10TH CRADLEY HEATH MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION
7TH OCTOBER 2023
10:00AM - 4:30PM

Rowley Learning Campus
Curral Road
Rowley Regis
West Midlands
B65 9AN

LAYOUTS

BLACKBROOK HALT                       GARY HINSON

ELIN BACH                                       JEZ KIRKWOOD

CHMRC NARROW                          GAUGE ANDY G & DAVE M

BOUGH JUNCTION                        MICHAEL WOOLSEY BOURNVILLE CLUB

VERNEY JUNCTION                        JOHN AND ELAINE MEDICOTT

SOUTH BRIDGE                             CHRIS HODGKINS

CHATEAU DE LAROCHE               PAUL WALTON

KOZEL CEMENT WORKS              DAVE PAYLORD

HOOKTON RIVERSIDE                 MIKE BRAGG

PEN Y BONT FAWR                       STEVE MONK

TAN Y BWLCH                                NIGEL SMITH

A REMOTE DEPOT                         JEFF PIKE

SINCLAIR REFINERY                      ADRIAN HALL

BRETTELL ROAD                            JIM SMITH WRIGHT

SAN CLEMENTE                             NICK PALETTE

WHARTSON HALL                         DAVE GRIFFIN

1914/18 WINTER IN FRANCE       STEVE SIMS

GREAT ROCK S                               ALLAN CROMARTY

HABBANIYA                                    TONY BENNETT

CAROLINE CONCRETE                  GRAHAM MOORFOOT

RUSH GREEN COLLIERY               COVENTRY MRC

BADGERS QUAY                            ROY PEDDAR

TRIFOULOU                                   PIERS MILNE

CANNON BAY                                JAMIE GRANGER

LEVISHAM                                      PHILLIP HUNT

BROADWATER JUNCTION           WARLEY MODEL RAILWAY CLUB

BURFORD PETER                         WARLEY MODEL RAILWAY CLUB 

MARKET END                                MARTIN ROPER

CULCHETH                                    MARK HOLDER

LAPPING WORKS                         MATT STEVENS

THE BASIN                                    STAN

DEMONSTRATORS AND TRADE

CHMRC DISPLAY

STANIER MOGUL FUND

WARLEY CLUB DISPLAY

CHMRC TEST TRACK

009 SOCIETY

TALYLLYN RAILWAY

RAILSTUFF

CHMRC SALES

JOHN SUTTON MODELS

KEVINS TRAINS

IAN'S TRAINS

MPB MODEL SUPPLIES

MELS MODELS

BAZ'S MODEL RAIL

GRAINGE & HODDER

MINITURE TRAIN RIDES

thumbnail.jpeg

Edited by sixteen 12by 10s
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all

a big thanks to every one who visited our show yesterday and made it a success, there was a issue with car parking, something we had no control over, but we have already taken the problem up with the site management, who have assured us that it won't happen next year.

I would also like to take the opportunity to thanks every one who contributed to the show, the club members, exhibitors, and the catering team.

One last thing, something that needs to be said, Dave Stringfellow has now hung up the exhibitors hat, he has certainly had an impact by having moved our shows from the old community centre to our venue for the last two years,

again

thanks

Gary Hinson CHMRC Chairman

• Like 1

While you're talking to the venue about car parking, can you also mention toilets?  A tiny one-trap-wonder (presumably the same for the ladies) for an entire exhibition really isnt enough and as it's a school - sorry; Learning Campus -  there must be plenty more on the premises.

Apart from that it was a very good venue and an excellent show.  I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favourite layout.

1 hour ago, mike morley said:

While you're talking to the venue about car parking, can you also mention toilets?  A tiny one-trap-wonder (presumably the same for the ladies) for an entire exhibition really isnt enough and as it's a school - sorry; Learning Campus -  there must be plenty more on the premises.

Apart from that it was a very good venue and an excellent show.  I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favourite layout.

There were more toilets, upstairs near the entrance, they are the school Staff toilets which unfortunately were behind a "Do Not Enter" sign - a school sign, not a Show sign, so there was some confusion.

But I have spoken to one of the Club Exhibition staff today & they are aware of the problem.

As assistant Operatist on my friend's layout I thoroughly enjoyed the day, although I didn't take any photos - others always take better photos than me!! Cradley do get a good mix of layouts, from all 'abilities', a great variety of scales & gauges, and several non-UK outline too. They also have ideas to get the kids involved, giving them a list for things to spot like Lego men hidden on layouts, and write down which layouts they were on. 

The Show aims to attract families - which it certainly seems to succeed at - but enthusiasts/modellers would find much to admire & be inspired by too.

I would mention my favourite layouts there yesterday but there are too many to decide between, and none of them relate to what I model myself, which I see as part of the point of going to a Show - to see variety!! I can't understand people who ignore layouts at Shows because it's "not their Era", or "can't relate to it" (often said about overseas outline layouts). If all I wanted to see was what my primary interests & what I model, I might as well just stay at home!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mike morley said:

Hi, note  taken about the toilets , glad you enjoyed the show 

30 minutes ago, sixteen 12by 10s said:

for  those who have not seen the opening ceremony     https://www.facebook.com/reel/778096233983125    

Opened by "Dr Beeching"... also caught on this YouTube video (although not all of the layouts present are in this clip)

Fortunately "Dr Beeching" did not order any layouts to be ripped up & scrapped at the end of the Show!!!! 

2 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

Opened by "Dr Beeching"... also caught on this YouTube video (although not all of the layouts present are in this clip)

Fortunately "Dr Beeching" did not order any layouts to be ripped up & scrapped at the end of the Show!!!! 

as you will probably know, the traditional post exhibition debrief was held at Ma Pardoes 

• Like 1