GWR Autocoach A30 lighting positions

Does anyone know where I can find the dimensions/positions of the lighting for a GWR Autocoach A30. I'm looking to update my Airfix one but other than images of the coach I can't find any diagrams indicating where they were exactly. Reading threads the suggestion is one for each compartment but that leaves me unsure about the parallel to coach body seating area. I noticed that the Dapol A28 had driver lighting but that seems a little suspect, did they have a light in their cab whilst driving? I'd like it to be as prototypical and accurate as is humanly possible.

image.png.dd1ffec36389e4c77b40f914c0838547.png

You can see the lighting fittings here. Looks like one per bay.

https://didcotrailwaycentre.org.uk/article.php/120/no-190-collett-auto-trailer

I'm afraid I haven't got the second volume of the Autotrailer books to check whether they were always like that as it's out of print and I'm not paying daft prices. The first one is worth getting though.

https://wildswanbooks.co.uk/Books/GW-Auto-Trailers.htm

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

I'm afraid I haven't got the second volume of the Autotrailer books to check whether they were always like that as it's out of print and I'm not paying daft prices. The first one is worth getting though.

£50 is steep. What's the chances they reprint?

You've just got to keep looking as these books do appear for reasonable prices. Not much use if you need a copy immediately. But I finally managed to get the very rare LMS Coaching Stock books recently for about £20 each in virtually mint condition.

Maybe try the library? I'm pretty sure most of them are in the system that they can order books from elsewhere in the country. Obviously doesn't work if you live in Outer Mongolia!

Jason

53 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

You've just got to keep looking as these books do appear for reasonable prices. Not much use if you need a copy immediately. But I finally managed to get the very rare LMS Coaching Stock books recently for about £20 each in virtually mint condition.

Maybe try the library? I'm pretty sure most of them are in the system that they can order books from elsewhere in the country. Obviously doesn't work if you live in Outer Mongolia!

Jason

I actually went to the local library and tried to get it on inter library loan. They said they couldn’t find it in the system and that was with the ISBN number. From memory you can get pages scanned for a small fee by the British library, but again not much use if you don’t know what page number your looking for…

• Like 1