TMC new website

CUCKOO LINE

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

Well..... who tested the changes?

Unless I'm doing something wrong or illogical, I'm seeing the exact same problem.

Screenshot taken a few moments ago, selecting just Era 9 this time.

Capture.JPG.492a4230977696cbfa9598b77eda425f.JPG

Maybe that's a problem with the underlying metadata for the N gauge locos rather than the search tool.

2 hours ago, tmc said:

Hey can you have another look we've been making more improvements, and we'd love to get more feedback! We've now got pre-owned and new options so you can select what you're looking for. 

Apart from these few glitches, we hope you find our search brings up relevant results!

All the best

TMC

Selecting N gauge and Accurascale or any other option except Farish brought up Graham Farish items this morning.

It looks like if the answer is 'zero matches' it simply shows everything N.

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Selecting N gauge and Accurascale or any other option except Farish brought up Graham Farish items this morning.

About as good as Asda'a Online ordering site then!

I'm fed up of the number of times a meat item is shown as a substitute for an OOS veggie item!

51 minutes ago, melmerby said:

About as good as Asda'a Online ordering site then!

I'm fed up of the number of times a meat item is shown as a substitute for an OOS veggie item!

What scale is OOS? I didn't see that option.  😁

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, tmc said:

Hey can you have another look we've been making more improvements, and we'd love to get more feedback!

Improving, but for this user on a win10 PC it remains too 'jittery'. Once I have gone to a selection such as '00' 'wagons' 'brand', this customer's expectation is that I will not suddenly find myself 'elsewhere' due to an incautious mouse movement. In short, once the user selection function is employed it is locked in, and the user has to cancel to go elsewhere.

Clearance Sale OO gauge New brings up in its listings

E10005 Exclusive First Edition (EFE) 1:1750 Scale R.M.S. Olympic WWI Dazzle Livery

Also the pages do not show Clearance Sale has been selected - the only clue is that there are 29 pages whereas

OO gauge New brings up 155 pages

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Here's an amusing example of the funkiness of the search.

I seared for the single word: manor

I then filtered to Accurascale and Pristine.

I got one manor class as a result along with Mark 2B coaches, Mark 2C's, 16T Mineral wagons etc. Going by the highlighting in the names I it was picking up things like "Mar" and "Miner" and for the best comedy it picked up a Class 37 and the highlight suggests it picked it up because of the word "Cantr".

Something very wrong with how the search engine processes words.

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/03/2024 at 17:17, Kaput said:

Here's an amusing example of the funkiness of the search.

I seared for the single word: manor

I then filtered to Accurascale and Pristine.

I got one manor class as a result along with Mark 2B coaches, Mark 2C's, 16T Mineral wagons etc. Going by the highlighting in the names I it was picking up things like "Mar" and "Miner" and for the best comedy it picked up a Class 37 and the highlight suggests it picked it up because of the word "Cantr".

Something very wrong with how the search engine processes words.

Hi Kaput, this is now fixed :) 

Cheers TMC

• Like 1

On 14/03/2024 at 13:52, woodenhead said:

I'm struggling to replicate this can you send a video?

All the best, 

TMC

On 14/03/2024 at 13:27, spamcan61 said:

Maybe that's a problem with the underlying metadata for the N gauge locos rather than the search tool.

Hi, this doesn't happen to me. Can you test again, please?

All the best

TMC

33 minutes ago, tmc said:

I'm struggling to replicate this can you send a video?

All the best, 

TMC

It looks resolved, if I select N gauge now as starting point for Rail, the manufacturer list does not include obvious exclusions like Accurascale and Heljan. so I would not be able to replicate what happened before.

And where there is no product I now get

image.png.0489d6e95c08dc8d9d199d6b8bbbe1fe.png

However, this loco is mis categorised, it's not Hornby: 371-064 Graham Farish N Gauge Class 03 Shunter 03170 BR Blue Weathered (Pre-Owned) (themodelcentre.com)

Edited by woodenhead

• 3 weeks later...

When I go to the website, the cart icon is greyed out and the cursor has a red circle with a line through when I hover over it. I also can't add anything to the cart. Anyone else having this issue?