Scissors crossing advice ?

Dominion

• RMweb Premium

I am hoping to get some advice on the scissors crossing I am planning below.

Do you think I might get away with the diamond crossing common crossing positions relative to the ones in the straight track below ? The diamond crossing is straight, the gauge is OO-SF, the location is an engine shed, so slow traffic and no propelling, except tenders. I was planning on extending the K-crossing checkrails to a V at the common crossing with machined ends. I have not been able to represent that properly in the print out yet. 

The size of the 4 corners is Number 7, and I am planning to use some British Finsescale kits in some of the corners.

IMG_4619.jpg.664f22a12f0d6f3f7f4147d8bfeab19f.jpgThe formation is so squished as the lower left turnout position is fixed by a slip already laid, (Finescale so glued down.)  And the right branch track from the tandem leads to a turntable well that is already cut, and I am trying to keep its radius as large as possible so that turnout cant be moved left too much. The formation is of a prototype location, though the real location had more equal spacing of the 2 scissors sides.

Regards, Tom

Edited by Dominion
Tenders would be propelled

7 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

It might be a bit touch and go, with the V crossing noses, being that close to each other, for proper checking of each nose.

Prototypical? probably not but then again maybe. It will probably work OK, on the positive side it is 00-SF, so the wheels should be properly supported and the diamond vee is always going to be a smaller angle, so again less opportunity for a wheel to wander. I do have a feeling that I have seen a prototype which on the face of it wasn't fully checked, though I think it was probably allowed because of the smaller angle giving the wheelsets less opportunity to go awry and the fact that the tolerences in both wheelsets and track are smaller than even 00-SF. 00BF and you would likely be in trouble.

• Thanks 1