Drawings for Mk1 coaches

• RMweb Gold

I was asked on a Zoom call with some modelling friends last night if I knew where drawings (either full size or scale) could be obtained to model Mk1 coaches.  Other than Kew or the NRM for full size versions, I concluded there must be a source (akin to Isinglass for LNER coaches) or a book that has done a decent job of reproducing them?  Can anyone point me in the right direction and I can advise my mate accordingly....

Rich

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Chaps, I thought there had to be a suitable book, but decided against a simple Google or Amazon search, as I wouldn't have known whether it was an 'accurate' source or not!

Cheers!  My mate can go hunting around the second hand book shops now.

Rich

21 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Thanks Chaps, I thought there had to be a suitable book, but decided against a simple Google or Amazon search, as I wouldn't have known whether it was an 'accurate' source or not!

Cheers!  My mate can go hunting around the second hand book shops now.

Rich

You want the 2nd Pendragon edition - or later. The drawings are easier to follow in that edition; it isn't just a reprint of the first edition. 

Paul

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to everyone for their pointers and advice, my mate tells me he's acquired a second edition of the book at a very reasonable price.  But he comments the Supplement seems to be going for silly money!  @Steamport Southport Do you happen to know what benefit the supplement gives for modelling?  It is additional information, extra info on vehicles that weren't included or a combination of extra pictures and error updates?  He's just trying to decided if it's worth buying, or wait until he can find one in a shop somewhere that he can look through.   

Rich

13 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Thanks to everyone for their pointers and advice, my mate tells me he's acquired a second edition of the book at a very reasonable price.  But he comments the Supplement seems to be going for silly money!  @Steamport Southport Do you happen to know what benefit the supplement gives for modelling?  It is additional information, extra info on vehicles that weren't included or a combination of extra pictures and error updates?  He's just trying to decided if it's worth buying, or wait until he can find one in a shop somewhere that he can look through.   

Rich

There is quite a lot of extra material.

However I wouldn't really suggest paying more than about a tenner for it. I think it's a case of just being patient as they do turn up. Keep looking on eBay and Amazon for example.

Jason

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

There is quite a lot of extra material.

However I wouldn't really suggest paying more than about a tenner for it. I think it's a case of just being patient as they do turn up. Keep looking on eBay and Amazon for example.

Jason

I use this book search engine which covers Amazon, eBay, Abe etc:-

https://www.addall.com/used/

• Thanks 1