ESU ECoS 50200

JohnC

• RMweb Premium

I had better pluck up courage to do all the previous updates which are needed to be undertaken one by one before this one.. One error and its back to Germany for a rebuild taking months.  Which is why I have not updated since purchase in 2020..!

On 26/09/2023 at 15:39, NFWEM57 said:

I had better pluck up courage to do all the previous updates which are needed to be undertaken one by one before this one.. One error and its back to Germany for a rebuild taking months.  Which is why I have not updated since purchase in 2020..!

Once you are on 4.0.0 or higher you can go straight to 4.2.12 and ignore the intermediate files. 

Within each generation every firmware file that you download is a full and complete file that does not depend on any particular version already being installed as they do not patch the already installed firmware. The update process overwrites the already installed firmware, replacing it with the new version. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Good evening,

Having done numerous previous updates, I’m really struggling with this one. 
I’m not savvy when it comes to computers, however I think a Microsoft update on my seldom used laptop has now made it necessary for an app to unzip the latest update. 

Could one of you kindly post a step by step idiot proof guide, please? Thank you. 

Paul. 

• Informative/Useful 1

First, if you're updating from 4.2.8 or higher the ECoS will extract the ".bci" file itself, you just browse to wherever you've saved the downloaded ".zip" file and click the Send button. 

If you're updating from a version earlier than 4.2.8 you will still need to extract the ".bci" file from the ".zip" file. It's very easy. Right click on the ".zip" file and select "Extract All". You'll be given the option to create the directory where you want to save the unzipped contents of the ".zip" file. I did this Extract All process as recently as this afternoon and my Windows 10 computer is bang up to date. No unzipping app or program required. Windiws does it all itself. 

Alternatively, in file manager/explorer left click on the ".zip" file to see its contents, select all three files using Control A (select all) , copy them using Control C (copy) , go to whichever folder you want to save the unzipped files and use Control V (paste) to paste unzipped copies of the 3 files to your chosen folder. Again no unzipping program or app needed. 

But what sort of problem are you having anyway? Check that you have downloaded the correct version for your particular ECoS. There's one for the colour ECoS 2 & 2.1, another for the monochrome ECoS 1, and a 3rd for the Maerklin Central Station 1 Reloaded CS1R. 

Edited by GoingUnderground
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 3 months later...

I believe I'm needing to update my firmware, to use the LokSound 5 decoder I'm fitting to my Accurascale class 37. I'm currently on 4.2.8, and I don't think I've updated my ECoS in the couple of years I've had it  - I bought it second hand. So I've registered with ESU tonight - and it looks like I need to wait for them to accept it to get access to the downloads. I've not connected it to my pc yet - but I'm sure I've got a crossover cable somewhere... Or can I connect via a router?

• 2 weeks later...