00 Gauge GWR 6 Wheel Milk Siphon

Rowan

22 hours ago, osbornsmodels said:

Pete Haitch's concerns about traversing curves have now been addressed and a chassis modification now allows for sideways movement of the centre (still flanged) wheel but with a supported axle as the pinpoints on the middle axle are now removed. It now traverses 2nd radius happily. Similar arrangement to that in the picture above from Amandalee but only on the centre axle. Hope that helps.

I bought one these clever  kits when they came out . Would it be possible, please to publish a photo of the new arrangement? I’m happy to modify / bodge the middle axle myself .

Thanks 

9 minutes ago, osbornsmodels said:

Brian we will supply modified parts and instructions f.o.c. but I need the postal details etc. please.

Thank you for your quick and appreciated reply . I’ll send a message .

Ken 1466 .

9 minutes ago, 1466 said:

Thank you for your quick and appreciated reply . I’ll send a message .

Ken 1466 .

Dear Osborn Models

I’ve sent an e mail to your Info site .

To the Rmweb community- what an exemplar of outstanding customer relations! See an unexpected problem , solve it and free  of charge to the customer!

They deserve our support .

Well done and please bring more kits like this to the market .

1466 .

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, railtec-models said:

When I get a sec to create new items for them on the web site 😁

Hi Steve,

If I order a couple of '9905 - 12 ready-made GWR passenger vehicle numbers of your choice'; would it be possible to have them in wagon no. font/format similar to the 16910 etc. on the 4225 tool van sheet? This would give sets of four x same number for each wagon and some spare numerals.   If also in ochre it would provide a wider choice to those modellers building a number of GW siphons or other NPCC stock.

Thanks again for brilliant transfers,

Pete.

• RMweb Premium
On 23/10/2023 at 18:59, osbornsmodels said:

Pete Haitch's concerns about traversing curves have now been addressed and a chassis modification now allows for sideways movement of the centre (still flanged) wheel but with a supported axle as the pinpoints on the middle axle are now removed. It now traverses 2nd radius happily. Similar arrangement to that in the picture above from Amandalee but only on the centre axle. Hope that helps.

Hi @osbornsmodels is the roof on this model 3D printed, like the K's kit rooves, formed out of plasticard by the builder, or other?

Many thanks,

Pete.

4 minutes ago, Pete Haitch said:

Hi Steve,

If I order a couple of '9905 - 12 ready-made GWR passenger vehicle numbers of your choice'; would it be possible to have them in wagon no. font/format similar to the 16910 etc. on the 4225 tool van sheet? This would give sets of four x same number for each wagon and some spare numerals.   If also in ochre it would provide a wider choice to those modellers building a number of GW siphons or other NPCC stock.

Thanks again for brilliant transfers,

Pete.

Hm, hang fire. I need to check how many would fit on one of the typical custom sheets. The plan is to create a parallel custom offering, as it just makes everything cleaner and my life simpler. Typically if something is knowingly ordered as a placeholder for something else which isn't advertised (which I try to discourage as most livery elements aren't inter-changeable particularly from a design perspective, even though it may appear logically similar) then it can often slow everything down.

I have a few new GWR items to put live and this will be amongst them.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, railtec-models said:

Hm, hang fire. I need to check how many would fit on one of the typical custom sheets. The plan is to create a parallel custom offering, as it just makes everything cleaner and my life simpler. Typically if something is knowingly ordered as a placeholder for something else which isn't advertised (which I try to discourage as most livery elements aren't inter-changeable particularly from a design perspective, even though it may appear logically similar) then it can often slow everything down.

I have a few new GWR items to put live and this will be amongst them.

Fantastic news - many thanks, I shall spend the time compiling lists of vehicle numbers ready for when you go live.

• 3 months later...
On 25/10/2023 at 17:10, 1466 said:

Dear Osborn Models

I’ve sent an e mail to your Info site .

To the Rmweb community- what an exemplar of outstanding customer relations! See an unexpected problem , solve it and free  of charge to the customer!

They deserve our support .

Well done and please bring more kits like this to the market .

1466 .

That is not my experience! I am still waiting for a response to an email last November and resent in January!