Workshopwise 2023

Axlebox

WORKSHOPWISE 2023

Saturday 21st October 2023
10.30am to 4.30pm

A day of practical modelling demonstrations from members of the NE & Borders EMGS Area Group and guests

Layouts
Alston [N], Corrieshalloch [2mfs], Middle Peak [EM] and 2022 Chairman’s Challenge winner West End Drift [EM]

With David Dunn’s slide show ‘Railways of the North East’

Trade Support from EMGS Trade Officer and more…

And not forgetting some rather good catering

Stannington Village Hall
Main Street, Stannington
Morpeth NE61 6EL

All this for only £5.00 admission
(Admission includes a cup of tea or coffee on us)

(God willing I'll be there having fun with some wagons - probably some airfix lowmacs)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

But will he get anything done?

Yak, yak, rabbit, rabbit... apply solvent... yak, yak, rabbit, rabbit... tell a  story... yak, yak, rabbit, rabbit... another tale... yak, yak, rabbit, rabbit... apply rivet... yak, yak, rabbit, rabbit...  and repeat...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Porcy Mane said:

Yak, yak, rabbit, rabbit... apply solvent... yak, yak, rabbit, rabbit... tell a  story... yak, yak, rabbit, rabbit... another tale... yak, yak, rabbit, rabbit... apply rivet... yak, yak, rabbit, rabbit...  and repeat...

image.png.de8e019bbeef1c6acacc689ec9ba9a4d.png

...you missed out the bit where I drink some tea...

2 hours ago, Axlebox said:

...you missed out the bit where I drink some tea...

… probably bought by me.

… then you take me to the pub.  (and that's all of 25 yards from the venue).

Funny looking Lowmacs …

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2023 at 14:34, Porcy Mane said:

Funny looking Lowmacs …

...are you happy now Porcy?

I've not seen the shows cake list yet...probably best to get in early, you know what Mr Gallon's like around cakes.

A/box

IMG_2474.jpeg

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

15 minutes ago, Axlebox said:

I've not seen the shows cake list yet

Mr G can (and will) have his cake and eat it.  I on the other hand want meat vans; lots of Airfix meat vans.

Only for the Tyneside Guinness traffic you understand.

But I will have a bacon & egg sarnie (broken yoke) whilst watching Dunnies picture show. 

Now here's a thought...

What did the load say to its lowmac...   wait for it...

...   said in a dalekie sort of accent,  "Excavate... Excavate..."

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

Definitely worth the trip up to deepest Northumberland. 

20231021_110603.jpg.20ad8ce6fa7edbf19db0bd7ca06e0004.jpg

Ooooh you are cruel....

I'm stuck here with the builders in on an over running job but at least it's no raining.

All the best guys, hope it all goes well.

Dave F.

3 hours ago, davefrk said:

I'm stuck here with the builders in on an over running job but at least it's no raining.

Strange how still I managed to say hiya to you though. Busy little show. Roll  (bacon) on next year.

Be in touch.

• Funny 1

…as usual I built nothing and talked the hind legs off a donkey. Great to be part of this annual tradition, thank you to everyone who came, thank you to all the demonstrators, exhibitors and traders…but the biggest thanks goes to the kitchen crew. (Mr G of North Yorks says the new team in the kitchen were every bit as good as the old team , praise indeed.)

2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

A bacon banjo!

...   and very nice it was too. Couldn't resist the "just out of the oven" spiced plum duff, with five star custard.

Dunno if anybody has mentioned it but the modelling on display was top drawer too.

All of this & less than 65 yards from the Great North Road and a still open pub next door. What's not to like?

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Porcy Mane said:

...   and very nice it was too. Couldn't resist the "just out of the oven" spiced plum duff, with five star custard.

Dunno if anybody has mentioned it but the modelling on display was top drawer too.

All of this & less than 65 yards from the Great North Road and a still open pub next door. What's not to like?

The weather?

Mike.

5 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

The weather?

Believe it or not, after about one o clock, the sun shone on the righteous and still continues to do so.  Which is a rather a good job as some of my dripping carpets are now slung over the outside washing line.

How's your hailstones?

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Believe it or not, after about one o clock, the sun shone on the righteous and still continues to do so.  Which is a rather a good job as some of my dripping carpets are now slung over the outside washing line.

How's your hailstones?

Nothing bar a bit of wind has reached me yet, hopefully it will stop that way, the British in Benidorm prefer to get a different type of stoned!

Mike.

• Funny 1