What happens when you run out of loco's to do up and have nothing to do?

Hi all,

You start on your rolling stock. 

I have been busy over the past few weeks digging from my spares and repairs boxes plus buying some rolling stock in the same condition as my own stuff to have a play with. Ebay purchases like the first picture. This picture is of the first lot I bought. Not bad a bad haul for £17.00. There were other bits and pieces added to make up more wagons as well. All the wagons here were damaged in some way or another. Had parts missing and were general buggered. So doing up the wagons to make the more usable gave me something to pass the time.....😉😇

wagon repairs.jpg

DSC_1412.JPG

DSC_1413.JPG

DSC_1414.JPG

DSC_1415.JPG

DSC_1416.JPG

DSC_1417.JPG

DSC_1420.JPG

DSC_1421.JPG

DSC_1423.JPG

DSC_1425.JPG

Edited by cypherman
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• cypherman changed the title to What happens when you run out of loco's to do up and have nothing to do?
1 hour ago, BernardTPM said:

The white stripes on minerals indicates where the end door is, so isn't needed on wagons without end doors.

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for the info. I just put them on because I thought they looked good on the steel mineral wagons. I wondered what their reason for being on the wagons was for. Everyday is a learning day. I shall attend to their removal from the offending wagons.

Edited by cypherman

Manufacturers have got that one wrong before, like printing the stripes the same both sides (so pointing to both ends). Another marking seen on minerals was a smaller 'V' shape with the point of the V cut off, indicating a bottom discharge door in the floor. Here's an example, though the lines are slightly wavy looking because of the pressed metal door.

19 hours ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

Run out? There appears to be a never ending supply! A family member completes on a rather large house today, and you will never guess what I have been summonsed to 'deal with' in the attic.

G'Day Folks

Hope you let us know what was in the Attic, better than a Barn find !!

manna

• Agree 2