RMweb

Are there any ready to go "As preserved" Large Prairies?

36 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Hornby did 4160. Not currently in steam though.

Doesn't say it's "as preserved" but I can't see any obvious differences.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/offerlistings?sid=430654

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/4160-2/

Jason

Thanks for that. just tracked one down. A bargain! 

As with all locos work from a dated photograph, not sure about Prairies but quite often the livery changes at intervals and they have been "Preserved" longer than they ran in GWR and BR service. There is Shirt button and Great Western, GWR and the two BR totems for unlined green, GWR and the two BR totems for unlined black, and early  and late BR lined Green, that's 10 variations without left and tight facing lions and large and small totem sizes.    Just because a loco was lined green in 2010 doesn't mean it retained that livery post 2020 as it would have had a 10 year inspection and boiler lift in the mean time

• RMweb Gold

I've renumbered my 6145 to 4144, another preserved example.  This loco was allox new to Tondu in 1948, and apparently carried another livery variation in addition to those mentioned by DCB, early BR unlined green 'BRITISH RAILWAYS' lettering in GW 1920s-style Egyptian Serif lettering.  It has carried this livery in preservation.  There were also examples in BR mixed traffic lined black, both with unicycling lions and the June 1948-September 'BRITISH RAILWAYS' Gill Sans lettering.  Then there are red-background number plates to consider...