Coronation Beavertail in 4mm, Product release from Isinglass Models.

Isinglass Models

It may be Halloween but the only scary thing about the beavertail model is how long it has taken to release! Finally all of the 3d printed parts have come together and despite the wobbles during the last year I am very happy with how this has turned out.

The beavertail is now on sale on my website here: 

Isinglass Coronation Beavertail

If the link doesn't work, you may need to visit the homepage and click through the cookie consent yada... (I don't collect or use your details but the shopping cart needs stuff etc.)

As a departure from my other kits, I do include 3D printed glazing for the tail and 2 most rearward windows as they're curved making plasticard hard to fit. The rest of the side windows are rebated to accept clear plastic, matching the rest of the train.

Price is the same as all my solo carriages, £52 for the body, floor and bogies, interior £11. You can opt out of the floor and/or bogies if desired. For the interior, you have the choice of either the original or the recently rebuilt carriage which has a shorter enclosed space plus a bar, making this an ideal model for modern image layouts running preservation stock.

So with that, the full 9 carriage Coronation set is available on my website, giving me a few months clear to look over the Hornby offerings due next summer

I will be limiting sales of this kit whilst I get used to the production without interrupting the rest of my range. My intention is for up to 10 (plus a few review copies) to be dispatched during November, more added after that based on any issues arising.

One experience of the test builds. I can confirm that Glue 'n' Glaze is an excellent adhesive for 3d printed models, it just needs a little more patience than I normally show but easily allows parts to be separated, cleaned and re-fixed.

On a side note, at the Newbury MRC show last weekend, the Beavertail attracted a lot of attention from young people asking what class loco it was. Just goes to show that over 80 years later, the Gresley design still looks pretty modern.

Tail view 2.jpg

Tail view.jpg

end view.jpg

Internal view.jpg

side  view.jpg

tail side view 3.jpg

• Like 6