Files and tools for brass kits

Smalltrainsgreatpains

I have multiple choice in the coarser grade files from various suppliers, but try as I might I cannot seem to find No.6 cut files to use in constructing 2mm chassis kits.  The ones used in the instructional videos look quite narrow and about 6'' long, I don't know the exact type or what the most ideal would be.

If anyone knows where to get one or what other tools might be needed for those new to etches and brass bashing,  perhaps this could be the start of a list?

• RMweb Premium

The 2MM Association website has a section headed Articles and therein lies "Files and the 2mm Modeller" by Andrew Webster. It's some years old but Andrew is/was, to my knowledge, a trained watchmaker so the article remains a good reference. As to #6 cut files a supplier of watchmakers and jewellers tools is recommended, I've purchased from CousinsUK with complete satisfaction (usual disclaimer) and there are others. 

• Like 3

Apart from fine files, another useful tool is a fine India sharpening stone. This is useful for removing the last traces of tags from delicate edges without distorting them. 

Jim 

• Like 2