BRILL July

I don't normally ask questions like this, but has anyone got or seen the July issue of BRILL? Bylines has been on the shelves for a couple of weeks but BRILL is nowhere to be seen in any of the shops I've looked at.

I phoned Irwell this afternoon to ask but had to leave a message, no reply as yet.

• RMweb Gold

I don't normally ask questions like this, but has anyone got or seen the July issue of BRILL? Bylines has been on the shelves for a couple of weeks but BRILL is nowhere to be seen in any of the shops I've looked at.

I phoned Irwell this afternoon to ask but had to leave a message, no reply as yet.

Definitely about in local Smiths last week and for once it was there before 'Bylines' - which usually seems to be on the shelves around here a week or more before BRILL

• RMweb Premium

I have found that some W H Smiths branches are not very reliable when it comes to getting magazines on the shelves on time, in the past year there has been several instances of magazines being as much as three weeks late on to the shelves at my local branch. I think they regard railway and model railway magazines as a 'minority interest' and therefore unimportant.

A return call from Irwell today confirmed they had no general distribution problems, but as suggested was probably down to the whims of individual WHS managers. Until now it's always been available in my local, although the same shop now stocks MRJ regularly when it never did before rolleyes.gif .

Archived