Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Paisley Model Railway Show 2nd 3rd December

Mark Davies

This year we have 39 layouts and 14 traders confirmed for the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of December.

The show is in the Paisley Centre shopping centre.

Adults £7

Children £3

Saturday 10am-5pm

Sunday 11am-4pm

LAYOUTS
Arcadia Pennsylvania Terminal - O Gauge
Battle Space- OO Gauge 
Bridgend - O Gauge
Belgian MPD - HO Gauge
Bellwood yard-O Gauge
Blair Atholl - OO Gauge
Bridges of Morar - N Gauge
Bunroyd Works - OO Gauge
Canalside Ironworks - 1:50 9mm Gauge
Calder Rigg - O Gauge
Cartom West - OO Gauge
Ceddesfeld Halt - O Gauge
Coeur d'Alene - O Gauge
Dduallt - 009 Gauge
Dibden Yard - N Gauge
Dudley Road - OO Gauge
Eden Road - OO Gauge
Elgin - N Gauge
Glasshouse Loan - O Gauge
Glatznerstrasse - N Gauge
Holland Beck - OO Gauge
Hold box flat- 009
Hornby Dublo - OO Gauge
Invernevis - N Gauge
Ishinaka - N Gauge
Kleinweg - N Gauge
Knaresborough Viaduct - O Gauge
Ladeside Diesel Depot - O Gauge
Lockdown Lane - O Gauge
Mirco Cement - OO Gauge
Moorside Lane - OO Gauge
Rensville - HO Gauge
Roundtrees Sidings - EM Gauge
Shieldinch - OO Gauge
Sowerby Station - O Gauge
St. Georges Pit - O Gauge
Studio Tour - OO & 009 Gauge
Tulloch Bridge - OO Gauge
Türland - N Gauge

TRADERS
Brushes4Models
Durham Trains of Stanley
Edinburgh Vintage Toys
Franzi Scenic Dioramas
Hamilton Toy Museum
Lathalmond Models
North Road Trains
Leven Valley Trains
Primo Models
Rainbow Railways
Road Transport Images
Shedring Hobbies
Squires Model & Craft Tools
Stoney Bridge Structures

DEMONSTRATIONS
Doon Valley Railway 
MERG
Rail Riders
N Gauge Society Forth and Clyde area

More details can be found on our website at www Renfrewshiremrc.co.uk

FB_IMG_1700948113987.jpg

FB_IMG_1700948116817.jpg

Edited by Mark Davies
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to the organisers of Paisley Model Railway show . Spent a thoroughly enjoyable 2 and a half hours browsing layouts and trade . Some really good exhibits and friendly people running then who took the time to explain things.

Shieldinch running mainly Caledonian stock was superb squeezed into a space of 6 by 4 with a central operating well . Loved the tenement backscenes . We need more Caledonian layouts ! Spent a very enjoyable discussion with the gentleman from Ceddesfeld Halt, a superb o gauge GWR layout with some really nice shunting moves . Ddualt running Narrow Gauge being operated by the Greenock Crew, friendly as ever and really nice operating  . Last , but not least a good discussion with the operator of Invernevis which was based on Fort William . The Class 29s which were 3d printed were brilliant .

Very enjoyable . Back enthused !  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 02/12/2023 at 15:39, Legend said:

Thanks to the organisers of Paisley Model Railway show . Spent a thoroughly enjoyable 2 and a half hours browsing layouts and trade . Some really good exhibits and friendly people running then who took the time to explain things.

Shieldinch running mainly Caledonian stock was superb squeezed into a space of 6 by 4 with a central operating well . Loved the tenement backscenes . We need more Caledonian layouts ! Spent a very enjoyable discussion with the gentleman from Ceddesfeld Halt, a superb o gauge GWR layout with some really nice shunting moves . Ddualt running Narrow Gauge being operated by the Greenock Crew, friendly as ever and really nice operating  . Last , but not least a good discussion with the operator of Invernevis which was based on Fort William . The Class 29s which were 3d printed were brilliant .

Very enjoyable . Back enthused !  

Glad you enjoyed the show. 

After returning to the hobby this year, I have attended a few Scottish shows but I have to say how much I enjoyed this show. The layouts and traders were well spaced out causing little or no shoving or bumping into each other and the lighting was superb. It was a joy to freely walk about from display to display. A well deserved congratulations to the organisers and I have to say thank you to a few of the people behind the layouts who were so helpful and enthusiastic regards my return to the hobby especially the gent behind Cartom West. Also wonderful to finally see Blair Atholl in person instead of via pictures. I’ll definitely be back next year!

Edited by puffmeister-general
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

On 03/12/2023 at 20:03, Mark Davies said:

Glad you enjoyed the show. 

Do we know if there will be an exhibition next year? I understood that the building it was in - what I remember fondly as the old Co-Op dept store , is being redeveloped 

8 minutes ago, Legend said:

Do we know if there will be an exhibition next year? I understood that the building it was in - what I remember fondly as the old Co-Op dept store , is being redeveloped 

Yes I have booked it for the 7th and 8th of December 2024. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Well, that was a most enjoyable weekend and a pleasure to have been able to participate in a very successful show.

Thanks to Mark and the team for being so helpful and welcoming.  Sue and I look forward to having another opportunity to contribute in the not too distant future.

Dave