Loud background hiss on Loksound

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

I’ve got a loksound which I’m pretty sure is a V4 and when I ran it the speaker crackled and buzzed once the main file kicks in. 
I turned cv63 down and the sounds are quieter but the hiss remains the same so is very noticeable and after only 30seconds the speaker again buzzes. I tried an older speaker in case it’s a v3.5 but same situation. 

I’m a little stumped as to why the hiss is there and remains loud whatever I do to the volume. It appears to be causing the crackle and buzz so any ideas what the source is?

IMG_1683.jpeg.2390211ebf5cfb76d6a548c18ac6c953.jpeg

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

I was going to say that your loco must have a crack in the boiler but that looks like a diesel chassis🙂

I am sure that I have had one like hat but swapped the speaker and it cured the problem.

I’ve tried a 4ohm and a roadsnrails one for v4/5 and get the same results. 

42 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

I’ve got a loksound which I’m pretty sure is a V4 and when I ran it the speaker crackled and buzzed once the main file kicks in. 
I turned cv63 down and the sounds are quieter but the hiss remains the same so is very noticeable and after only 30seconds the speaker again buzzes. I tried an older speaker in case it’s a v3.5 but same situation. 

I’m a little stumped as to why the hiss is there and remains loud whatever I do to the volume. It appears to be causing the crackle and buzz so any ideas what the source is?

IMG_1683.jpeg.2390211ebf5cfb76d6a548c18ac6c953.jpeg

Definitely a V3 or V3.5, see sticker with production year 2007.

4 or 8 ohm speakers can destroy the amplifier (or already have).

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Definitely a V3 or V3.5, see sticker with production year 2007.

4 or 8 ohm speakers can destroy the amplifier (or already have).

it’s not dead but the one on it was 100 ohm so I tried the others. Still starts up fine but was switched off again so it’s ok. 
Thanks I’ll have to assume the other 100o one was faulty too and find another. 

• RMweb Gold

New speaker problem sorted, it appears the one in the enclosure wasn’t 100ohm as labelled then as it’s got 4 ohm on the speaker itself. Must have got mixed up wherever I got that from and put in an already labelled enclosure. Fortunate I didn’t leave it on too long! 

• Like 1