Alton Model Railway Group FEBEX 2024

Wurzel

Alton Model Railway Group will be holding their annual exhibition once again at Eggars School in London Road, Alton, GU34 4EQ.

The dates  are Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th February 2024, the times are Saturday 10.30 to 17.00, Sunday 10.30 to 16.00.

Admission price is £8.00 for Adults, and accompanied children under 16 are free.

This year we have additional car parking, and a new large area of disabled spaces will be available.

The show has 13 Layouts in a wide range of scales from 2mm finescale up to 7mm 0 gauge and also layouts representing Holland, and China.

There will be 18 Traders selling a wide range of products and services for all your needs and requirements that you may want for your own layout.

This year there is a dedicated Demonstration and Presentation room that will be running to a timetable on both days. The timetable will be displayed at the main entrance and outside the Presentation room.

Hot and cold refreshments will be available on both days, and these will be in the school refectory which is signposted from the main hall.

For visitors arriving by train, there will be a free vintage bus service operating from Alton railway station and the exhibition. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is just to announce that my Chinese HO layout will be at the Alton show in February.

We set out to both educate and entertain.

If you want to learn about the railways of China, our layout authentically portrays the last days of steam operation in a remote region of the country.

If you simply want to be entertained, our layout has three main lines with constant action and several unique features - such as a 19 coach passenger train and double-headed 2-10-2's on freight trains - all totally authentic!

PUBLICITY.jpg.59712b029e7410ba7bcfb8ca45447bf9.jpg

Hoping to see you there!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

With less than a week to go now before the Alton show I have told my team to make sure that everything is in tip top shape before we head off next Friday.

Here is a photo of one of my team cleaning one of our ground signals .......................😉

DSC_0057-Copy.JPG.12570fdbfa0dc170d92c6101280aaaa1.JPG

• Like 6
  • Funny 1

Enjoyed the show today. One question:

Who was the trader opposite the Collingwood OO gauge layout in one of the back rooms? They had some nice secondhand items and I'd be interested in knowing what other exhibitions they are attending.

I went on Saturday. Arriving about 10.45 the car park was already full and was directed to the additional parking just down the road. The parking area was right at the back of that site, not a five minute walk to the exhibition, I thought. But there was a footpath that led into the school grounds so it was only a few minutes! Good exhibition but they need to add a good bookseller to the traders.

I made the trip today from Norfolk. I got there at 9.30 parked at the school and walked to the Alton model centre. I brought a few things and then walked back to the school for 10.30 I left the show at 15.45 and was back home at 20.30. it was a good show. I brought some more foam trays for JBs I'm still using the ones he made for me 21 years ago still like new. Also spent some money with Joe lock and a few other traders. Good to see Bachmann there too. Very good layouts to watch.  Thank you to everyone who made it a good day for me and organised it.