Lighting options on US diesel locos with various decoders.

melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Hi All a bit of a long post.☹️

At Warley I picked up a new Bachmann (US) Value Sound GP 30 from the Bachmann clearance stand (MCC) for £80

It has a Soundtraxx OEM decoder specifically for that model of loco.

I'm not a sound convert and this loco wouldn't change my mind.

However I have been playing with the lighting options using DecoderPro

It came with the lighting set with forward light on full brightness and rear light on half, they swapped when the loco reversed

After trying several other lighting options I decided to return it to it's original setting, so did a reset but they are now both at full brightness all the time.

What should the normal setting be and how would it be set in lighting functions?

Also, a couple of months back I bought another Bachmann US diesel, this time a second hand Dash-8.

It was an oldish split chassis model and had 12v bulbs. The decoder was a Lenz LE103XF-3 It also had the rear facing light dimmed in the same way as the GP30

I have completely refurbished it and have done away with the split chassis and used LEDs and A Lenz Standard + V2, however I can't see a setting that would allow the rear facing light to be on but dimmed.

Any suggestions?

PS both locos are extremely smooth runners with an incredibly low crawl speed and having a fair bit of mass plenty of haulage power.