Bachmann class 90 decoder troubles

Hi all,

I've had my Bachmann class 90 for sometime now and changed the locos address to something more uniform whilst it had it had its lights on, however only afterwards that loco has become completely unresponsive, I've tried setting cv 8 to 8 as Bachmann recommends however the loco is still unresponsive, I've made sure that the loco still works on DC with the decoder in but outside of that the loco doesn't respond to any input.

Any help would be appreciated.

I remember there was something unusual about the 90s board which prevented programming. I cannot remember whether reading or writing CVs failed.

So even though you may think you have reset the decoder, you may not have done.

A decoder tester is useful for this. If you don't have one, then try it in another loco.

37 minutes ago, AMD8806 said:

Hi all,

I've tried setting cv 8 to 8 as Bachmann recommends however the loco is still unresponsive, I've made sure that the loco still works on DC with the decoder in but outside of that the loco doesn't respond to any input.

Any help would be appreciated.

You do know that the loco address is reset to 3 after this, don't  you?

1 hour ago, Pete the Elaner said:

I remember there was something unusual about the 90s board which prevented programming. I cannot remember whether reading or writing CVs failed.

So even though you may think you have reset the decoder, you may not have done.

A decoder tester is useful for this. If you don't have one, then try it in another loco.

I've popped the chip into my Hornby 91 and reset it but still the chip isn't playing nicely and after popping it back into the 90 it still is unresponsive.