L&B Chelfham station water tower

wdlr14mm

So planning continues at pace on Chelfham Station.

Once the lionheart  coaches are released and arrive in NZ next year I will get a better understand of what length the station is going to take up. I am thinking it will be about 3 meters in length.

There is this picture on Flicker of the water tower at Chelfham, which is the only picture I have been able to find, and I was wondering if anyone had a better picture of it?

Lynton & Barnstaple Railway - Chelfham Station

Cheers

John

• 1 month later...

Friday night for me is Model Train Club night.

Last Saturday, I sent a good friend, who just happens to have a laser cutter, the plans of the Chelfham water tower

And tonight, he gave me a bag of the following

bits. There may be a few design tweeks, but its always fun building something new.

IMG_9440.JPG.c40c87cecba6a44f77232c7267794291.JPG

• Like 3

Now there are a lot of rivets in the water tower tank! So to simulate them I am using 14 x .53mm diadem brass pins. There are pre-cut guide holes for the pins to go through, but they do need to be elongated a wee bit prior to the pins being cut to length and superglued in place.

IMG_9441.JPG.92b5c1ee952e01354e9d2fb8173a8965.JPG

IMG_9442.JPG

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 22/12/2023 at 20:14, wdlr14mm said:

So planning continues at pace on Chelfham Station.

Once the lionheart  coaches are released and arrive in NZ next year I will get a better understand of what length the station is going to take up. I am thinking it will be about 3 meters in length.

There is this picture on Flicker of the water tower at Chelfham, which is the only picture I have been able to find, and I was wondering if anyone had a better picture of it?

Lynton & Barnstaple Railway - Chelfham Station

Cheers

John

There is a closer photo of it in the Surrey Support Group of the L and B book  ' The Lynton and Barnstaple Railway' on page 58.

I will pm you.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Please note, Ian Coleby above,  that the drawing he refers to in L&B Measured and Drawn, like the rest of the drawings in that book were transcriptions of my drawings published without credit -  in fact stolen.    The original pencil drawing is below.        

Chelfham Water Tank.jpg

• Like 1