Question about LNWR carriage books

Jim Martin

How much overlap is there between Millard, Selected L.N.W.R. Carriages: a Detailed Commentary; Millard, London & North Western Railway Thirty Foot 1in Six Wheeled Carriages; and Millard & Tattersall, L&NWR Non-Corridor Carriages?

I'm looking for a decent understanding of the kind of stock used on regional passenger trains in the North-West in the 1920s. I assume that these would mainly be made up of non-corridor stock.

Thanks, as ever (and Happy Christmas!)

Jim

Pick up the LNWR Carriages A concise History book by David Jenkinson for an overview of LNWR coaches.

But out of those it's the Non Corridor book that is most relevant . Not many short coaches about in the 1920s on the LNWR I'm afraid.

Get it from Bowen Cooke on eBay as it is the LNWRS. Put it in your Watch list and they'll probably send you an offer!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155934276871?hash=item244e683d07:g:7ewAAOSwWNRia6pT

Jason

22 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Pick up the LNWR Carriages A concise History book by David Jenkinson for an overview of LNWR coaches.

But out of those it's the Non Corridor book that is most relevant . Not many short coaches about in the 1920s on the LNWR I'm afraid.

Get it from Bowen Cooke on eBay as it is the LNWRS. Put it in your Watch list and they'll probably send you an offer!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155934276871?hash=item244e683d07:g:7ewAAOSwWNRia6pT

Jason

Thanks. I've just noticed where it says "excluding the 30'1" 6-wheelers" in tiny letters on the front of that book, so I guess that the literal answer to my question is "not much at all"!

I suspect that you're right about the most useful book for my purposes, though, so I'm going with your recommendation.  Cheers!

Jim

• Like 1