Zimo MXTAPS

peterm1

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

My turn for a question. I think I know the answer but bear with me, if you would. I have an MS480 decoder that failed part way through sound loading and Stephan Hubinger at Zimo has given me some info' about fixing it. The one part I want to clear up is that one of the things I have to do is to connect the blue wire (common positive) to the common positive terminal on the MXTAPS. I can see that the last terminal in the row is marked C+/F4. As I say, I think I've got it as it's the only one marked this way, but confirmation from someone that actually knows this, would be really good.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the replies.

Nigel Cliffe,

I must admit that you've lost me there.

Bucoops,

Exactly what I was wondering.

The reason I haven't simply asked Zimo, is that they're busy and it's that time of year..

• RMweb Premium

An update. I connected the common positive wire to the terminal +V/F4 that Stephan told me to, and the decoder went into self repair. This done, I followed the rest of the instructions to load one of the free uncoded files from Zimo. This took a long time to load and even then didn't sound right. I then loaded the sound file from Digitrains. This started at 12.45 and finally finished at 18.00. It was still nowhere near right, even though I could read CV's. I'm now thinking that I might have a faulty decoder. Nothing for it now, but to email Zimo again.

Thanks for all the replies.

• Friendly/supportive 1