If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Bachmann 38-627 FGA wagon or any FGA available

adds-trains

I have come in to possession of a single end FGA wagon hastily bought thinking it was the middle wagon. Rather than sell it I want to make another twin pack so if anyone has a single outer FGA wagon for sale I would like to buy it. Currently I have the wagon 601245 with Evergreen and Stolt container. Id prefer to buy any other different wagon with a different running number but I would buy the same if it was available as I could renumber it myself. Containers are not important, if there available ill buy but will buy without. also don't care if its boxed or unboxed.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mark Saunders said:

My thought is acquire a Palbrick freightliner adaptor from KR and fit/convert to have a bar coupling on it!

would you happen to have any pics of this on the mainline? iv never seen a rake like that befor. it could solve the problem of only having 1 FGA.

1 hour ago, adds-trains said:

would you happen to have any pics of this on the mainline? iv never seen a rake like that befor. it could solve the problem of only having 1 FGA.

Somewhere on here is a photo of one in use but were meant for moving cripples !

44 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

Or you could fit a headstock and buffers on the inner end of the FGA as well to make one of the twin-ended wagons?

They weren't so numerous but they did exist and lasted a long time.

The majority of the singles were converted for EWS to replace the Tench (Sturgeons with sides) to produce Supertench which were loaded with dropside modules to produce a long low open in the same fashion as the Borail/Mullet conversions.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

Or you could fit a headstock and buffers on the inner end of the FGA as well to make one of the twin-ended wagons?

The three originals 

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brwhiskycontainerfbbfja/e2109e3de

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brfreightlinercontainer/e251529c1

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brfreightlinercontainer/eaf8b925

Paul

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mol_PMB said:

Alternatively remove the headstocks, and convert to an inner or source a conversation kit for the Triang one.