Zimo MS480.

peterm1

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

I've got the above decoder fitted to a new Beattie well tank with Digitrains sound. The one problem I can't get round is that, with all other Zimos, I can press the button on my LH200 and the loco stops immediately. This one doesn't. I have other MS decoders that do stop with a press of the button. Does anyone know what's going on?

Edited by peterm1

• RMweb Gold

Is the handeset that you have actually the LH100 like this

Screenshot2024-01-11225800.png.02e53c098f018d4d93eb7480e13c1210.png

And you're pressing the <> key with the loco concerned selected? The Lenz manual says 

The '<>' key also has another function: Pressing the ‘<>’ key while
the locomotive is moving will generate an emergency stop for the
specific locomotive address on the display.

So I assume you are pressing this and the loco does not stop? In which case I'm not sure what is happening. Sounds like the MS480 might not be responding to an emergency stop command. I don't have this handeset any more but I don't recall it ever failing to stop a loco. 

What happens if you hit the red "st" button for a system-wide energency stop? Is yours configured just to stop all engines, or to cut track power?

• RMweb Premium

Our posts must have crossed. I corrected my typo which should have read "I pressed the large button ON my LH101'.  So it's definitely a LZV200 and LH101.

Sorry to both of you. I'm stood in the corner with my dunces hat on.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, peterm1 said:

Our posts must have crossed. I corrected my typo which should have read "I pressed the large button ON my LH101'.  So it's definitely a LZV200 and LH101.

Sorry to both of you. I'm stood in the corner with my dunces hat on.

No problem - I too have the LH101 throttle although it's connected now to my Z21 which has replaced my LZV200. A short press on the large wheel should do the same thing, ie send an emergency stop to the loco. I've never had a problem with doing this to stop a loco and I have mix of Lenz and Zimo decoders, although none of the new generation of Zimo ones such as the MS480. 

• RMweb Premium

Yes, I have other MS decoders that do stop dead if I press the large button. I've trawled through the manual but couldn't find anything relating to this.

• RMweb Premium

I have encountered this at odd times with both my Prodigy system and Sprog/JMRI both of which have emergency stop options. The loco will respond to all other commands except this. This covers both MX & MS types as well as the (odd few) other makes I have). 

Not tried to narrow down the issue but just thought it strange, although I did wonder at first if it was somehow connected to using stay-alive, soon dismissed when a new pre stay-alive decoder install did it. 

Bob

10 hours ago, peterm1 said:

Yes, I have other MS decoders that do stop dead if I press the large button. I've trawled through the manual but couldn't find anything relating to this.

Raise the issue with Zimo, or the supplier of your decoder.    There have been some bugs in some firmware versions on MS-series decoders.   Most are fixed with a firmware update (can be done at home if you have suitable hardware, or can be done by better dealers).  

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the replies.  I've had a few problems, lately. 🙂  When I get my MXULFA back, I'll check the decoder firmware and update it if needed. I updated the MXULFA just before the USB socket came off, but I know that it'd come back with the latest firmware. Just a matter of waiting now.

Edited by peterm1
Another stupid mistake. Should have read MXULFA. This is getting embarrasing.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I have CV111 set to 1 which works on other MS decoders.  I'll jury rig it and try a '0' in CV111. I can't do any updating at the moment, until I get the MXULFA back from Zimo.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 13/01/2024 at 18:53, Nigelcliffe said:

Raise the issue with Zimo, or the supplier of your decoder.    There have been some bugs in some firmware versions on MS-series decoders.   Most are fixed with a firmware update (can be done at home if you have suitable hardware, or

can be done by better dealers).  

Not over here. If I mention Zimo decoders, most people don't know what I'm talking about. 🙂

• RMweb Premium
On 14/01/2024 at 21:11, pauliebanger said:

Peter,

CV 111 regulates the emergency stop deceleration rate. The default value used to be 0 but I think this may have changed in more recent FW versions. Compare the values with those which work to your preference.

Paul 

Thanks Paul,

I changed CV111 from 1 to 0 and it now works. I just assumed that 0 would be maximum. That'll teach me not to assume.

• Informative/Useful 1