Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Canterbury Model Railway Exhibition - 20th and 21st January 24

Jack

Back this year at St Anselm's School on the Old Dover Road.

Saturday 10am - 5pm, Sunday 10am - 4pm

Adults £7, Children (5-15) £1

Layouts, trade, demonstrations, food and (weather permitting) outdoor train rides.

Please note, sadly as per last year, there is only limited parking (for disabled visitors) on site.  We ask everyone else to either park in the Dover Road Park and Ride (next door) or use the bus (numbers 15,16, 17 and 89).

See the club website for more details and updates : www.ccmrs.co.uk

Edited by Jack
Editing the hyperlink

LAYOUTS

Conyer Creek Signals - O gauge - SECR                             

Outwell Village - OO scale - Wisbech Tramway          

Wittenden - O/16.5 - Freelance                       

North Cornwall Brewery - OO - BR(S) 1960's                  

Lisworth Bay - N - BR(S) 1950's-60's          

Alpenbahn - N - Swiss Alps                     

Santa Maria - HOm - Switzerland 2000's         

Old Parrock - OO FS - LBSCR                           

Bottom Works Sidings - OO FS - BR 1970's                     

Cessy en Bois - HO - SNCF 1970's                  

Four Feather Falls - OOO - Lonestar                                   

Lego City Railway - Lego - Modern image                 

Frittenden Road - O - Pre-WW1 Colonel Stephens   

Bletchinghurst - OO scale BR(S)

Dydley Junction - N - LMS/GWR/BR(W) 

Coalhouse - OO - Private Owner 

Canterbury and District Model Engineering Society - Model Display and Train Rides

TRADE 

Invicta Model Rail

Carriage and Wagon Models

Kent Garden Railways

Flexxgenix

DOW Scenics

Supercast

Kent Model Exchange

Doug's Tools

Heritage in Motion

Euroscale Models

Coastal DCC

The Wagon Yard

CCMRS Sales

Golden Arrow

4 Sub Association

Network South East Society/Southern Electric Group

Best Model Toys Auctions

Not a layout, the Wagon Yard (Trader) has had to pull out, so we have an extra layout instead.

I saw Brief Encounter at Maidstone last month. It's a really interesting layout concept, although it did take a few minutes for my brain to adjust! Definitely brings something different to the circuit, so hopefully other exhibition invites will be forth coming.

Although, come on Dawn, could you not afford a colour layout license 🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I popped in to the Canterbury show yesterday for what I thought would be an hour and ended up staying over 3 hours. Not only some interesting layouts but very friendly and chatty operators. My personal faves were Old Parrock, the most beautiful and inspirational small layout that also operated perfectly, Bletchinghurst from Erith MRC, Bottom Works sidings, and of course Brief Encounter from Dawn  @Modelrailwayquest

If you’re reading this Sunday and are undecided whether to go, my recommendation is to go! I really enjoyed it. Thanks to the organisers 👍

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Huge thanks to everyone who came along. It was another fantastic weekend, and there were some cracking layouts.

We really enjoyed ourselves 😊

On 21/01/2024 at 08:49, Andrew D said:

I popped in to the Canterbury show yesterday for what I thought would be an hour and ended up staying over 3 hours. Not only some interesting layouts but very friendly and chatty operators. My personal faves were Old Parrock, the most beautiful and inspirational small layout that also operated perfectly, Bletchinghurst from Erith MRC, Bottom Works sidings, and of course Brief Encounter from Dawn  @Modelrailwayquest

If you’re reading this Sunday and are undecided whether to go, my recommendation is to go! I really enjoyed it. Thanks to the organisers 👍

Thanks Andrew - it was a great show. Glad you enjoyed it.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2024 at 15:41, Jack said:

Not a layout, the Wagon Yard (Trader) has had to pull out, so we have an extra layout instead.

I saw Brief Encounter at Maidstone last month. It's a really interesting layout concept, although it did take a few minutes for my brain to adjust! Definitely brings something different to the circuit, so hopefully other exhibition invites will be forth coming.

Although, come on Dawn, could you not afford a colour layout license 🤣

Funny! 😂 Actually it started out in colour but it took me so long it turned grey with age! 😂 Thanks for the lovely feedback btw.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Modelrailwayquest said:

Funny! 😂 Actually it started out in colour but it took me so long it turned grey with age! 😂 Thanks for the lovely feedback btw.

Dont forget to add the cat. My other half will be looking ofr it next time🙂

• Like 1

On 23/01/2024 at 20:05, Modelrailwayquest said:

My Canterbury show video is here, enjoy and yes that's not a spelling mistake, the 000 gauge layout is 000 gauge and of special interest to the N gauge fans

Please take this as constructive criticism: the intro is far too long. I just want to see model trains, not learn about the origin of Weatherspoons and look at pictures of an empty pub first.