Tonbridge MRC Exhibition Saturday 17th February

ColinW

12 hours ago, Geep7 said:

Had a fantastic day on Saturday helping to operate Horsebridge Wharf. Many thanks from myself and Clive to Colin and the rest of the TMRC for putting on a fantastic exhibition.

One thing if I may though. Horsebridge Wharf was not built, nor is owned, by the Basingstoke Model Railway Club, as mentioned in the show guide. It was built and is owned by Clive Abbott. @Modelrailwayquest, I notice it's also highlighted as so in your video, but I presume it's too late now to change this. I know Clive doesn't do social media, or any internet forums, and I know it's only a small thing, but thought I should just mention it here, just to avoid any confusion.

I myself only help to set-up and operate the layout. My modelling interests, although still Southern, are much more modern, and more electrified, in nature.

Hi Geep7

Great you had a good time at the show - and Horsebridge Wharf received the attention it deserved. A fantastic layout. Unless told otherwise by the exhibitors on the day, I use the official show guide to credit layouts in videos, so it's a shame Clive hasn't been given the credit in the brochure itself. I'll see what I can do to amend it. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

20 hours ago, TEAMYAKIMA said:

I would love to exhibit at this show, but unfortunately we only do two day shows as the layout takes 3 hours to set up. I hope you do a two day show sometime in the future - if you do please think of us.

Currently there are no plans to do a two day show.  We appreciate that people would like us to do one, however the costs to the club would increase, without guarantee as to how many people attend our show over both days.  We also have to consider the effort put in by the club members, I personally have to take a week off work to prepare for the show.  Also people should remember that while a two day show is open to the public, for the club members it is a 4+ day show including the setting up and returning the equipment that we use over the weekend.

What I will say is that we have had several layouts agree to attend a one day show, despite telling us that they only do a two day show, once we have explained that we offer a Friday evening set up.

Colin

• Friendly/supportive 1