Tonbridge MRC Exhibition Saturday 17th February

ColinW

Tonbridge MRC will be holding their annual exhibition on Saturday 17th February, in the Angel Centre, Angel Lane, Tonbridge, TN9 1SF.  Admissions are as follows: Adults £7, Children (between 10 - 16) £1, Children under 10 Free.

Layouts:

Bear Creek                                           N gauge

Blackmoor                                            OO9

Blindheim                                             O (32mm)

Bosun's Wharf                                      OO

City Basin Goods                                  N

Clerely End                                            O-16.5

College Halt                                           OO

Elbow Lane                                            OO

Gosfield Yard                                          O

Hazel End                                                O

Horsebridge Wharf                                EM

Kinlochlaggen                                         N

Lemanis Light Railway                           OO9

Norge                                                        HO

Obbekaer                                                 P87

Old Parrock                                              OO

Ospringe (St.Peter) and Water Lane     N

Plant City                                                   HO

Porthlew                                                    N

Priorsfield                                                  OO

Rossiter Rise                                             OO

Southwark Bridge                                    N

Wickhambreux Road                               OO9

More details to follow

Colin

Edited by ColinW
change in scale
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Will this be the last exhibition at the Angel Centre? https://www.kentonline.co.uk/tonbridge/news/council-told-to-demolish-failing-leisure-centre-298448/

Its always been super convenient with lots of parking and a short walk to Tonbridge station.

Ironic that one of the sites being considered for a new leisure centre is on land currently used by the Tonbridge Model Engineering Society!   

16 hours ago, sjp23480 said:

Will this be the last exhibition at the Angel Centre? https://www.kentonline.co.uk/tonbridge/news/council-told-to-demolish-failing-leisure-centre-298448/

Its always been super convenient with lots of parking and a short walk to Tonbridge station.

Ironic that one of the sites being considered for a new leisure centre is on land currently used by the Tonbridge Model Engineering Society!   

To answer the first question, the club has been informed by the Angel Centre that they are taking bookings for 2025, and we will make our booking around the time of the exhibition, and  planning for that exhibition will go ahead.  The Angel Centre can only do bookings up to 1 year ahead, so beyond 2025, we will need to wait and see what happens.

What we can say is that the Model Engineers have met with the leader of the council, and have been told their site is safe for them to continue, and talk of them getting a long term lease to remain there.

Colin

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
On 11/01/2024 at 21:00, dasatcopthorne said:

I'll be at Tonbridge for the day with Elbow Lane.

See you there.

Dave.

20220813_143136.jpg

20211010_161001.jpg

Will that be the short, or long version?

I will also be there for the day, ably (debatable!) assisting with setting up / operating Horsebridge Wharf. It'll be my first time back at The Angel Centre since exhibiting my own layout Bad Aston in 2014.

2 hours ago, Geep7 said:

Will that be the short, or long version?

I will also be there for the day, ably (debatable!) assisting with setting up / operating Horsebridge Wharf. It'll be my first time back at The Angel Centre since exhibiting my own layout Bad Aston in 2014.

Short one as I haven't even started the new board.

Dave.

• Like 1

DSCN0302.JPG.555730bacf7d11552b5490ac5086ecca.JPG

Farmer Kosegarten contemplates another trip round the M25 and he and his Danish companions from Obbekaer look forward to seeing you in Tonbridge.

(By the way, we're P87, not P4! Just 12.5% smaller!)

• Like 3

I can now add a list of traders to be at the show.

ACE Products

Best Model Toys Auctions

C&L Finescale

Cambrian Model Rail

Carriage And Wagon Models

Coastal DCC

Dart Castings

David Wills

Dingo Servo Mounts

DOW Scenics

GL Bespoke Services

Golden Arrow Productions

Harrison - Brown Models

Heritage in Motion

Invicta Model Rail

Kent Garden Railway

Matthew Cousins (with Drive Thomas layout) & Mike Turner (Artists)

Plus Daughters

Rail Books

Railroad Trading

Rapido Trains UK

Southern Scale Models

Squires Model & Craft Tools

Supercast

The Wagon Yard

Societies:

Network South East Society

Spa Valley Railway

Tonbridge Model Engineering Society

Demonstrator

Roger Sawyer

We can also say that we will be able to accept debit/credit cards on the admission desk and for the club sales stand, but please be patient with us if something happens to affect the readers.

Colin

• Like 1

Some travel information.

For anyone driving to the show, follow the signs to Tonbridge Station, and as you get closer look for Sainsbury's.  The Angel Centre is at the far end of that building.  The car parks on either side are short term carparks, but there are long stay car parks available close by.  All Car parks are Pay & Display.

Train Travel:

Tonbridge is served by trains from Ashford International, Folkestone, Dover, Canterbury West, Tunbridge Wells, Hastings, Maidstone West, Redhill, Sevenoaks, Orpington, London Bridge, London Waterloo East, and London Charing Cross.  There are no engineering works affecting services this weekend, nor is there any industrial action planned.

Colin

• Thanks 1

For those planning to attend the show, please note that in recent years we have been fortunate to have long queues during the morning, so if anyone does not want to wait in a queue, it might be better to arrive after lunch.  Also while we will have card readers available on the admission desk, if anyone wants to pay by cash, if they have the correct money available, we can get you into the exhibition quicker.

Colin

A busy day ahead. Will be going shortly to start getting the exhibition equipment collected and delivered to the Angel Centre. For those travelling to set up for tonight, have a good journey and we look forward to seeing you later 

Colin 

I and my brother went this morning (the pair of us are somewhere in that picture of the sports hall). We really enjoyed the variety and the quality of the layouts being exhibited (Priorsfield pictured). It would be difficult to pick a favourite. Painless journey there and back. Lovely breakfast in Goodfellas Café. Really good day out.

Thank you once again to the Tonbridge MRC for another excellent show.

DSC_0476.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The show is now behind us, and the club would like to thank the layout owners and their operators, traders, demonstrator, neighbouring club members, friends and family members for assisting us today. We have received a lot of compliments from the layout owners and operators, as well as from the public. Next year's exhibition will be on Saturday 15th February. 

Colin 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

A really lovely show, sooooooo crowded but well done on achieving that to the club.

As well as the layouts and stands, some cracking displays of standing in front of layouts blocking the view while chatting to yer mates and not looking at the layout, and also the lesser spotted cut in right in front of someone with walking difficulties only to then stand stop still and dither to ensure the person you cut in front of now can't get past....... 

17 hours ago, Invicta Informant said:

I and my brother went this morning (the pair of us are somewhere in that picture of the sports hall). We really enjoyed the variety and the quality of the layouts being exhibited (Priorsfield pictured). It would be difficult to pick a favourite. Painless journey there and back. Lovely breakfast in Goodfellas Café. Really good day out.

Thank you once again to the Tonbridge MRC for another excellent show.

DSC_0476.JPG

We used the same cafe, our regular.

Ray

• Like 1

If you don't mind the long wait to get in - more on "Queuegate" in the video. Hopefully the committee will take on board this problem and on speaking to some of them, they want to address the issue for next years show. The massively popular Tonbridge Model Railway show  was amazing.... and I was there to capture all the best bits. 

Edited by Modelrailwayquest
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Had a fantastic day on Saturday helping to operate Horsebridge Wharf. Many thanks from myself and Clive to Colin and the rest of the TMRC for putting on a fantastic exhibition.

One thing if I may though. Horsebridge Wharf was not built, nor is owned, by the Basingstoke Model Railway Club, as mentioned in the show guide. It was built and is owned by Clive Abbott. @Modelrailwayquest, I notice it's also highlighted as so in your video, but I presume it's too late now to change this. I know Clive doesn't do social media, or any internet forums, and I know it's only a small thing, but thought I should just mention it here, just to avoid any confusion.

I myself only help to set-up and operate the layout. My modelling interests, although still Southern, are much more modern, and more electrified, in nature.

Edited by Geep7
  • Like 1