Heljan Railbus - wheel and gear spares

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know whether the different Heljan 4mm Railbus models use a common wheel and axle-mounted gear design, please (in other words, are the wheels and gears from - say - an AEC Railbus usable in a Waggon & Maschinenbau railbus?

I may need a spare gear for one of the latter, but the Gaugemaster website doesn't seem to list any such spares, no do Peter's Spares.

Many thanks.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Captain,

I fashioned my own replacement brass gears by cutting down a similar type from China via Ebay. Others have purchased replacements from Ultrascale.

I can't answer your specific question, but there's a good discussion here (containing a link to another discussion too) so the answer might be in there somewhere:

Cheers,

Will

• Thanks 1

On 28/01/2024 at 10:19, Captain Kernow said:

Does anyone know whether the different Heljan 4mm Railbus models use a common wheel and axle-mounted gear design, please (in other words, are the wheels and gears from - say - an AEC Railbus usable in a Waggon & Maschinenbau railbus?

I may need a spare gear for one of the latter, but the Gaugemaster website doesn't seem to list any such spares, no do Peter's Spares.

Many thanks.

I gave Gaugemaster a ring and spoke to someone very helpful, a couple of new axles with wheels and gears arrived a few days later FOC. My model is now converted to EM. Depending on the model, some spares are available, my W & M railbus was missing much of its undergubbins including axle boxes, most of it ordered form this site though it took a while to find them.

https://www.gaugemasterretail.com/brands/Heljan-spares.html?limit=24&p=52&scale=452

I've got a bit stuck, anyone know where the red wire goes?

20240125_214202.jpg.0dea82539ad1e29c5229258b79e5aeed.jpg

The directional lights only work one way, I wonder if this wire is responsible and the destination indicator seems to be on the opposite way to the locos direction. I assume I can fix that via a cv change.

• Thanks 1