BR Mk1 coach dimensions and profiles

Hello, I'd like to obtain accurate dimensioned and profile drawings of BR Mk1 coach bodies and early DMUs please. I'm learning CAD for a project so thought these would be an ideal candidate.

I did hear of a book mentioned but unfortunately I can't remember where I saw the name and search terms don't bring any reminders up.

Any help would be gratefully received and I'm sure there are resources out there but I'm not looking properly. Thanks

• RMweb Gold

The Barrowmore model railway group have kindly uploaded the BR diagram books

Barrowmore Model Railway Group (BMRG) (barrowmoremrg.co.uk)

Book 200 coaching stock is the one you want.

Or Parkin -  Mark 1 Coaches may be the book you are thinking of

• Like 1

I bought a copy of Parkin recently as I need the dimensions for my cad design of DEMUs. Very helpful as there are also the dimensions of the trussing as well.

Keith

Edited by KeithHC
Finger trouble
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KeithHC said:

I bought a copy of Parkin recently as I need the dimensions for my cad design of DEMUs. Very helpful as there are also the dimensions of the trussing as well.

Keith

Thank you. We're almost on the same subject matter and we use the same software! I've only read your first post but I'll read the rest.

Much obliged

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

The Science & Society Picture Library has official drawings of Mk1 coaches (or 'Standard' coach, as this is how they were initially referred to):

Link to search page

(A more general 'coach' search may bring up more items?)

I haven't looked into it in depth but presumably images can be purchased for personal use.

It mentions small versions of the images can be downloaded directly from the screen but I don't know if the detail/text would be readable on these.

Edited by keefer