Hornby Channel Packet tender

kelsh003

Hi there hope everyone is well.

Would anyone be able to help me acquire a Hornby tender body for Merchant Navy Channel Packet, R3434? My body has somehow developed a paint defect that is quite noticeable.

I seem to have suffered badly with Hornby bodies and paintwork despite careful handling. 

23 hours ago, Going Spare said:

I would contact Hornby Customer Services as you consider it to be a defect on what is a comparatively recently released model.  They are quite receptive to such approaches and will help if they can.

Managed to get in touch and they said they will see what they have. The problem is they don't keep body parts as spares, and I've compared it to the Bachmann situation where there is a lot readily and easily available.

Hopefully they can sort it out. But I won't hesitate if someone has a tender body they can send/sell or know where there is one.

• RMweb Premium

It's not standard practice for manufacturers to stock spare bodies, Bachmann are actually abnormal in that regard.

Producing spare fully painted/lined bodies would add considerable costs to a production run, and it's relatively rare that people need replacement bodies.

It's a tough situation, and I hope you get it sorted. But given the locos are 6 years old at this point and tend to go for silly money on eBay, finding spares is likely to be very difficult.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fair Oak Junction said:

It's not standard practice for manufacturers to stock spare bodies, Bachmann are actually abnormal in that regard.

Producing spare fully painted/lined bodies would add considerable costs to a production run, and it's relatively rare that people need replacement bodies.

It's a tough situation, and I hope you get it sorted. But given the locos are 6 years old at this point and tend to go for silly money on eBay, finding spares is likely to be very difficult.

Agree with all, other than that R3434 was re-run in 2022, so OP's loco may not be as old as the number suggests.

• Like 1

I am glad Bachmann are an outlier. It certainly makes life easier, and in Hornby's defense they are trying to help but equally, I won't be alone in having needed body parts. 

Mine was from the 2022 re-run so that might play into my hands! Other than this though its a superb model.