Arnold Belle body removal without having 4 arms?

• RMweb Premium

I have been asked to look at one of these for a friend. Nothing wrong with it other than it has some fluff that could do with being removed before it gets fully entrained. I have looked at the Hornby service sheet and it shows for clips to hold the body onto the chassis and that the body needs to be removed in order to DCC install it.

https://support.Hornby.com/hc/en-gb/article_attachments/360016260920

I've spent a little time trying to get the body loose but it doesn't want to come and i don't want to apply too much force (or any really!). Can anyone who has done this tell me how to safely remove the body please?

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Not familiar with this particular model but often the method to be used is to prise the bodysides out about a millimetre and wedge with a credit card. Prise along further, near the other clips and slide another card in place. Often just sliding this second card along will free the body. Repeat the process on the other side.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I was sort of on the right track then only I was using folded paper but it gripped it rather than releasing. I might try some plasticard.