Headcode box glazing

Could anyone advise me on what to use to make some glazing, to fit sealed split headcode boxes. I've used Shawplan brass components to convert the Acurascale 37001 with it's headcode boxes sealed. These are now fitted and painted, even used a fine tip pen to highlight the raised rubber seal that was used to hold the glazing in place, but now I'm stuck, as not sure how to get some glazing to look flush with the rubber seals. How have other modellers overcome this issue? 

1707411992605518950638683509825.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Glue'n'glaze seconded; it is fine for steam loco spectacle plates and coach toplights, so will fly over your split-headcode 37 lamps.  Good for glueing in glazing as well as it dries clear, not cheap but v. useful.

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PVA is an option too. 

If intending to have lit lights may not be so good, but over a small aperture it does the job. 

Andy

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/02/2024 at 04:17, The Johnster said:

Glue'n'glaze seconded; it is fine for steam loco spectacle plates and coach toplights, so will fly over your split-headcode 37 lamps.  Good for glueing in glazing as well as it dries clear, not cheap but v. useful.

Bit of advice please.

I am planning to fit "0000" into the headcode aperture of a Bachmann 46 having removed the dominos and cleaned up the back. Plastruct cut to size - black coloured - Railtec "0000" waterslide transfer - coat of matt decal fix. Very thin piece of glazing from a Jelly Bean box cut to fit over the top - what will hold this in place without destroying the transfer - "Glue n glaze" ?

• RMweb Gold

Glue’n’glaze should this job, but I would ensure that the edges of the plastruct, transfers, and jellybean (didn’t Micheal Jackson write a song about her?) glazing pieces are sealed with matt decal fix or matt varnish first to eliminate any chance of g’n’g or moisture getting between the plastruct and the transfers or the transfers and the glazing.  

• Thanks 1