2000 Railtour Formations

Ravel

Hi all, 

I am looking into building a coach rake to use as a 'railtour set', for my planned layout which will be set in 1999-2005ish, 

From some basic research on Flickr it seems MK1s were the order of the day with all sorts of different liveries with sometimes no uniformity, does anyone have any definitive 'rakes' that were used, with coach types included?

Thanks in advance!

I would also advocate looking at six bells junction. In the railtour files click on the year you want, then scroll down to a specific date then it will tell you the loco's used and the coaching stock as well where known.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Bounds Green had several rakes based there, owned by Rail Charter Services. If you're including a kitchen car, then they usually served a maximum of three FOs at a time. Any more required a second kitchen car.

BN91 was the maroon or blood and custard set, mainly used on steam charters. TSO-TSO-TSO-RMB-BCK/BSK-FO-FO-FO-RBR-FO-FO would be a possible formation. The brake/genny was usually in the middle between standard class and first. If you search on Flickr for "50031 Shaldon Bridge" there's a good shot of almost the full set in a similar formation.

BN93 was the Pride of the Nation set, either in LNWR black and white, or green and cream. BCK-FO-FO-RBR-FO-FO-RBR-FO-FO-BCK. 

Regarding the other sets, BN94 was the blue and grey set, and BN96 was the green set. Their formations varied greatly! BN92 was disbanded in the late 90s after a derailment. BN95 I believe was the exhibition train, and BN97 was a rake of vacuum braked, steam heated maroon liveried Mk1s.

• RMweb Gold

I’ve been contemplating putting together a railtour set of mk1s (98/99) as the set used on the Falmouth Packet tour (with a King) mostly as a justification for my Cavalex 56.  Will have a look through those links, hopefully it will have more info than the small number of photos I’ve found so far