QSI QUANTUM DAUL MODE SOUND DECODER problem

kevo

Hi    i have a Atlas gold HH660  alco loco with a qsi quatum dual sound decoder . the loco is  not new one . it has run really well the last week  but now i can only get sound  it will not move in any direction  . i have looked up just about all i can find and relived to see i am not alone with this problem . i have tried a reset  no luck  i have tried power in DC to the motor and it dus  spin up . tried DC on test track sound ok but again woint move . i have a NCE  power cab   but i was thinking i might have accidently  pressed wrong buttons  and activated  some think i shouldn't  any ideas please .  thanks 

oops sorry i didnt read  that right  i am not sure  if it has  a means  to rev  as one thing i didnt get with this was the  instructions  it was just the loco  so its been guess work  with functions  and thats why i did think i have pressed  some  thing i shouldnt if that helps 

It's possible that the decoder has gone into 'disconnect' mode .This is done by double-pressing F9 which you may have accidently done.

This allows the engine revs to go up and down with the loco moving. Try revving the engine and i you can do this, then double-press F6 which will activate movement of the loco.

Hi

Had an similar issue with a QSI sound decoder in a Walthers SW1 .

You may have already found this information, but for anyone reading this thread.

In my case the solution was to wave a magnetised screwdriver near the reed relay on the circuit board which forced a hardware reset which is described on the Atlas web site.  Hardware Reset 

I hold DCC Decoder configs in JMRI so was able to reload config quite easily.

Other stuff relating to Atlas use of QSI decoders is on this page Atlas Manuals

Assuming yours is both original number and has a  factory fitted board it may date from 2009 production run, so might be too early for this manual QSI Decoder Manual 2015 .

Edited by 2E Sub Shed
Add missed text

Thanks  sub shed . i did have a go a reset  and nothing  of note really happend  i had the magnet wand  in the box  and followed the instrutions  . but  i have just 10mins ago tried Alcanman  Suggestion and pressed F6 twice   and sucsess its worked 😃👍 i had to look twice as the chassis moved 🙌. i really thought i would never get to the bottom of this   so big thanks to  every one that has offered help 

13 hours ago, kevo said:

Thanks  sub shed . i did have a go a reset  and nothing  of note really happend  i had the magnet wand  in the box  and followed the instrutions  . but  i have just 10mins ago tried Alcanman  Suggestion and pressed F6 twice   and sucsess its worked 😃👍 i had to look twice as the chassis moved 🙌. i really thought i would never get to the bottom of this   so big thanks to  every one that has offered help 

I'm pleased double pressing F6 worked for you.

The first Atlas diesel I bought had a QSI sound decoder. It's well worth looking at the QSI manual to discover the features of their decoders. Atlas stopped using QSI around 2015/6 and have since used ESU Loksound decoders.

Edited by Alcanman